Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Post-Event Gathering Feedback on the Mooseland

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
      #47011 |

Put thoughts about the Mooseland here:

-Should we go there again next year? Why or why not?
      -What was your favorite meal? Beverage?
      -What did you like most about the place?
      -What did you like least?
      -What would you like to see done differently next year?
      -What would you like to see change? (And how will you change it?) 🙂

-Stephen

ken

+was a nice place with friendly staff and plenty of room – only reason not to go is if the crowd will be bigger

+only had one meal (pesto chicken sandwich) it was good – shared a nacho appetizer that was good (and large).

+everything was good.

+would have been nicer with one dining room instead of two but where would you find a bigger place?

+nothing – everything was good – met a lot of people that i only know from here and views from the top – everyone was friendly – it made my day after my 8 mile hike back down (and 3.5 hour drive while i rested my legs).

Puck

I already posted a reply to Pedxing under another thread. The staff seemed a bit over whelmed. I think the food was fine, the beer was cold, the atmosphere…well it smelled like hikers :blink:
          perhaps they could have had extra staff.

MichaelJ

I think the biggest thing would have been another server dedicated to just taking orders from one location. I was lucky enough to get attention at the end of the bar and get my order taken down. Several others did, too (you may have heard wait staff shout out names as food came out). But this was not at all organized and unfortunate.

We made them a ton of money this year. Whether that would have any sway for next year or not is uncertain.

Overall, though, I think it’s time for something different. Based on the name tags, I’d say 100 people came through there. If next year has as strong a turnout, the banquet-room-at-a-ski area idea becomes the better option, IMO.

Jayne

I was one of the lucky ones that got there early and ordered food quickly- which was good- cheeseburger.
              But they had a hard time keeping up, understaffed. Supposedly they had a wedding function at another location until 5:00. That’s what one of the servers said. They were given a headcount so I don’t know what else you can do in advance for them. I say find someplace a little bigger. I contacted Cannon Mt this yr and they have an annual event every year on the second Saturday so they are out. How about a ski house- if someone knows someone who is in one that we could “rent” for the evening. We could bring our own beer and burgers. I can ask around, but don’t have one in particular in mind. Any thoughts?

rbhayes

I believe that we looked at ski areas this year and found they wanted $500 for a room rental to start, then pay as you go for food, beer, wine. or ask for so much per head for a sit down dinner.

It’s hard to find a place that can hold that many people and be centrally located, especially if the event grows.

We arrived a little after 6 and by the time we had made the rounds saying hellow to people a table was ready for us to sit and eat.

One thought I have as an option would be to find a campground that would like to host the event with alarge tent in case of bad weather, and do up burgers, dogs, ribs, etc…

The Twin Mountain Chamber of Commerce might be a good place to start asking for ideas on how too improve things for next year.

Greg

@rbhayes wrote:

I believe that we looked at ski areas this year and found they wanted $500 for a room rental to start, then pay as you go for food, beer, wine. or ask for so much per head for a sit down dinner.

This information is all here.

Isn’t there a ski club in Bartlett?

summit1

-Should we go there again next year? Why or why not?If the group is the same size we should look for some place bigger.

I got the Tri-color Tortellini alfredo w chicken. It was really good. Also had a Tuckermans Ale, it was unique but I liked it.

-What did you like most about the place? I like the fact that we had a room all to ourselves..or not

-What did you like least? Not enough seating for everyone that wanted to eat

-What would you like to see done differently next year? Probably a bigger place if next years turnout is the same..or better

-What would you like to see change? (And how will you change it?) I’ll have to think about this one 🙂

OH and remember. Don’t eat the pork chops. I don’t think the 5 second rule applies for resturants especially when the drop occurs on the threshold to the men’s bathroom.
                    😆 [/i]

TrekMan

Here’s one to think about:

In Bethlehem, there is a country club & resort – Maplewood. They are just maybe 5-6 miles west on 302 from the Mooseland. They would certainly be able to handle the crowd as they are used to doing golf banquets etc. There is an indoor banquet room too.

http://www.maplewoodgolfresort.com/

💡 💡 💡

pedxing

I already commented, somewhat negatively and got some agreement – but to address the questions.

IMHO: It would pay to look elsewhere, but I would try it again it if they agree to put on more kitchen and wait staff. This might take a deposit. I’d be willing to put some of my money on the line. Mine was not the only group that went elsewhere to eat.

I’ve been happy with everything I ate there in the past.

That we pretty much had the room to ourselves.

Long waiting for any kind of service.

To have the place better prepared for us.

What would you like to see change? (And how will you change it?) As above, maybe a restaurant would committ to preparing better if they had a deposit to back up the head count. I’d chip in for the deposit. Also, if we have deposits – then people will be more committed to coming.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • The forum ‘2004 Post-Event Gathering’ is closed to new topics and replies.