Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion Feedback FOT48 – 2004

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I put up a trip report for Wildcat D that says it all – we were first there at about 4:30 or so and the waitress was clueless. The kitchen knew the story, but it seems that the knowledge did not alter the operation. In fairness though, I thought she (Beth?) did a great job running around.

Maybe for next year I can make up a batch of homebrew? :beer: :beer:

smitty77

Max and I flew down from Madison (a hair over 2 hours from the summit) so as to be one of the first at the Mooseland. We were both starving and wanted a hearty meal before the 3 hour drive home. We shared a nice dinner with Dave Metsky who we just happened to meet while leaving Appalachia. The crowd started pouring in just as we finished our awesome steak and cheese sandwiches. It was at this point I noticed the Mooseland staff going into damage control when the waitress told MichaelJ to wait at the bar to place his order for food and drink.

Stephen

If this group grows again… me thinks we will need to find something more accomodating.

Maybe we should start looking now!

-Stephen

pedxing

I’m guessing what happened with Mooseland is that they were happy to have the extra business, but didn’t want to take the risk of investing in extra help or preparations. On reflection this is understandable – the gathering had only been there once before and if not many people showed, Mooseland would lose out.

Wherever we go next year, we might offer to make a deposit as a guarantee of X dollars worth of business… with some of the deposit being lost depending on how far short of the goal we were. That would reduce the risk for scheduling extra staff on the floor and in the kitchen. I’d be happy to kick in towards a deposit.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.