Forums 2019 Flags on the 48 2019 Trips & Routes East Osceola

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
      #64053 |

The plan is the hike from 112 up the Greely Pond Trail. We have a good group of 4-5 peoples with a dog or two.

Lets plan to start at 8:30 am

If there are any questions, feel free to reach out at austinsmith@me.com

Route map below:
      map

TommyB

Thanks for the update! See you all at the trailhead.

Sharon

Good Morning Austin, got a message from Jim last night and looks like there was some confusion but no worries I’m just glad peaks are covered. Ella (my overly friendly Husky mix) and I will be there. If you need a flag please let me know I was hoping to fly my Brothers from either Baghdad or Iraq.

See you there

aws24689

Hi Sharon,

We will look forward to you joining. We have a great group, it is myself, my finance, and one of our friends. We will also have 1-2 friendly dogs!

We are picking up some of the supplies for the flag pole today, we are thinking it might make sense to fly two flags. One at the actual summit (which is socked in with trees) and one from the viewpoint which is very close by and more open with views to other peaks (hopefully this one will be able to be seen from other peaks). We would love to have you fly your brothers flag!

Best,
            Austin

Sharon

Thank you I will be there with his flag, should I bring a 2nd pole set up as well or do you have that?

aws24689

We just put together a PVC system, I doubt we will be able to go above treeline so we can probably just use a few sections as a shorter flag pole at the actual summit and the overlook will get the taller…. your brothers flag is the most important flag so we should make sure that one goes on whichever location you think will suit it best

aws24689

Alright the flag pole is ready to go at about 10/12 feet…. see you guys tomorrow! Looks like rain is likely

Sharon

See everyone in the morning. Sadly because of the weather I have opted to leave my Brothers flag home (it is signed) but have another American flag with me. I’m not very mechanical but I’ve tested and packed 16’ of pole we can always leave whatever behind.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.