Forums 2013 Flags on the 48 2013 Trip Reports Cannon Mt.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
      #48250 |

:flag:
      Most of the team hiked up the mountain. They thought 2 hours would be more than enough time. The trail was a mess of mud, streams of water running down the trail, water crossing that shouldn’t have been on the trail. Needless to say, it took almost 3 hours. I took the tram up with the flags and poles, with the help of 2 others. I was getting pretty nervous when my husband was not at the tower at 11:30. He finally arrived at 12:10. The new pole system took a little bit of time to put together, but it was perfect. WE had a new, bigger flag, It held the flag in place above the tower in the high winds for two hours. We have always flown our son”s flag from Iraq, but it is too heavy in the stormy weather. He is always with us in spirit at the top of the mountain ( Captain Douglas DiCenzo, KIA, May 25, 2006). We had wonderful company on the tower. The Blais family had a POW flag, Mary & Ron had a “Flag of Heros” from a fireman in NY. Gram and her husband had a great poster of previous pictures of Flags on the 48. We hug out in the clouds, glad to be there and together. Maybe next year we will have sunshine. We all headed down the mountain in the tram. We had a large tailgate party in the trailhead parking lot. It was a lot warmer at the bottom of the mountain.
      Thanks to all that participated. We look forward to next year.

Cannon 2013
      Cannon 2012
      Flume 2011
      Liberty 2010
      Liberty 2009
      Wildcat D 2008
      Whiteface 2007
      Liberty 2006
      Madison 2005
      Monroe 2004

gram

A big thank you to Cathy and Mark for bringing the flag and a super rigging which stood strong against the wind.

We had at least fifteen people who stayed at the summit for the two hours the flag was up – pretty impressive given the weather. All in all, it was a great remembrance on Cannon.

Hope we see some of you on the trails in the coming year!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘2013 Trip Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.