Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
      #47549 |

Hi Dorothy,
      My daughter and I had signed up for Cannon this year, but learned from the Admin Team that you had previously requested it.

Please respond here, or send me a PM, and let me know if you are all set with a flag, pole, etc. If not, we can certainly help on that. We’re looking forward to participating again this year!

skibones

I will need to check the conditin of our flag. I will pm you if I’m in need of one.

Will you be hiking up? If you are using the tram we could all meet at the base. If anyone is hiking let me know. I hope we have a big turnout for the event.
        Skibones

gram

My daughter and I will be taking the tram up – sounds like a good idea to meet at the base.

Looking at last year’s pictures of Cannon in the gallery, it looks like they flew the flag from the observation tower. Was that your plan?

I’ll wait to hear back from you about the flag. It’s less than a month away!!!

skibones

We did fly the flag the year before last on the observation tower. That is what they did last year also. There was another flag flying over “Old Man of the Mt”, but not sure who did that.
            I’ll let you know about the flag next week. Do you know anyone that will be hiking up Cannon. It would nice to have a group hike the same trail and we can all meet at the top. If anyone is hiking let me know. Thanks, Skibones

gram

Hi Skibones,
              No, I don’t know anyone who will be hiking up, but with flying the flag from the observation tower, we are sure to have a lot of visiters.

Let me know about the flag – I don’t own one, but am happy to purchase one. This is my fourth year participating, and it’s my “turn” to pitch in and get a flag! Looks like you have the pole from 2005, so that’s good.

skibones

I think we’re all set for the flag. You have been so thoughtful in offering to help. I’m hoping others will reply that may be hiking so that we can organize a group on one trail. Anyone hiking Cannon that day, please let me know so we can organize a hike up. I’m trying to get my brother to have some cops that were at the site on 9-11 come and join us. I think they would be very touched by this effort. Please pass the word around. This is a peak that can be reached by many that wouldn’t consider hiking up.
                Gram -thanks again for your help. I’ll be in touch if I think of anything I may need.
                Skibones

SilentCal

I have a friend who may be joining your group. She’s been with Flags since 2003 and is a real firecracker. I’ll let you know her plans as the event draws closer.

Nice work on getting this all set up!

You guys rock! :flag:

skibones

Do you think she will be hiking or taking the tram??
                    Skibones

SilentCal

I’m quite certain she will take the tram up. She is undecided as to whether or not to hike down.

gram

Hey everyone!
                        We’re looking for more supporters on Cannon. Unfortunately, skibones had to drop out, so my daughter and I will be raising the flag on Cannon.

We will be taking the tram up around 11:15 and flying the flag from the observation tower. This is an accessible peak, except for the stairs up the tower. So for any hikers recovering from an injury, or otherwise unable to do a climb this year, this is a great way to participate.

Cal, if your friend is interested, have her respond to this post. We’re looking forward to a great day!

skibones

I will be there in spirit and hope everyone takes lots of pictures.
                          Skibones

SilentCal

My friend will not be able to make it.

I did Flags on Cannon the very first year. This peak probaly sees the most traffic of any peak during the two hour window. Bring Binoculars to spy the Flags on the Franconia Range.

skibones

Gram

Looks like you did a great job on Sat. I was thinking about the group even though I couldn’t be there. I’m looking forward to next year–this is a great group of people.

Skibones

gram

Skibones – sorry you couldn’t make it, we had a great dy! Hope to see you next year!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • The forum ‘2007 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.