Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
      #63997 |

We will be using the Kinsman Ridge trail for our ascent. The trailhead is located at the southern corner of the Aerial Tram Lot. Hiking Distance is about 2 miles but this trail is very steep. It also has severe erosion issues so footing may be tricky. We should be gaining about 2200 feet in elevation during the hike. I am estimating about a two hour hike with some time spent at the Cannon Cliffs outlook if the weather is agreeable.

Gathering time at trailhead: 8:30
      toes on the trail: 9:00

I am fairly certain there will be more than one flag set up at the summit and I am okay with that. I do have a flagpole and flag and help could be used in hiking the pole up.

Thanks
      jim

cathycrane

Hi Jim,

We will be hiking with a flag and a pole, also. We look forward to honoring all the fallen from 9/11 .We also keep in mind all the people, who have given their lives for America. We lost our son in Iraq in 2006. We raised his flag on Liberty in 2006. We look forward to meeting everyone on Cannon. We will be having a cookout at the trailhead after the hike. Everyone is welcome to join us.Let’s help the sun gods are with us.🇺🇸

gram

Looking forward to seeing Cathy, Mark, and friends again this year.
          Jim, will you be bringing the HUGE flag you draped off the observation tower in 2011?

gram

SilentCal

Gram, I’ll be going on vacation following Flags. I have a dog now and there is just not enough room in my little car to bring them both. That flag literally took up the whole back seat. Look forward to see everyone.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.