Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
      #48292 |

Hey everyone! Why don’t we all meet at the Lincoln Woods parking lot at 6:30am and make our way to Bondcliff. I’m thinking about making a little backpack trip outta the weekend and after we take the flag down continue on and camp at Guyot campsite. Not 100% sure I’m going to do this yet, but its an option. Let me know what your thoughts are!

I have a PVC pole set up and rope. Haven’t actually gotten to use it yet as others have wanted to use theirs in the past. If anyone has a stellar setup let me know! Otherwise mine will work just fine. I have a smaller flag(cant remember exact size off top of my head) that I will bring. If someone has a large flag they would like to bring let me know. I will go get a larger flag if there isn’t another one in the group.

I’m flying out to Washington tomorrow to make an attempt at Mount Rainier, so I will be off the grid for about 2 weeks. But please post any comments, questions or concerns and I’ll see them when I return.

Look forward to meeting everyone!

-Kyle
      Cell: 203-824-0610

Casey B

Thanks for the intro Kyle, we were also looking to make this a backpack as well. Wondering what Guyot will look like that weekend around 3-4? We joined with another couple Matt and Kerry and are all easy going so whatever the decisions are we are fine with it. We are also looking to make it a Bonds/Zealand/Twin traverse over the course of the weekend. So will most likely car spot.

Casey

Kyle

Good to her from you Casey! I think Guyot on Saturday night and then out over the Twins will be a nice trip. Guyot should be able to accommodate us, summer crowds should be gone by then. There’s always the shelter and overflow sites nearby if needed.

All signed up for the peak are encouraged to join in on the backpacking fun if you can! If not, come for a great day hike. Either way we can all meet at 6:30am Saturday morning at Lincoln Woods and hike in together and raise the flag as a team.

Casey B

Looking forward to it!

offthebeatenpath

Hello Kyle, I’m Matt. We will see you at 630. Also my girlfriend Kerry and I will be up with Casey, and plan on doing the traverse as well, with a stay at Guyot. Looking forward to it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘2014 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.