Forums 2005 Flags on the 48 2005 Signups & Status Add Other Hikers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
      #47091 |

I found the automated signed up page to be very smooth. Thank you Stephen for the hard work. My question is how to add names to the “Other Hikers” column. I gather that each hiker choses their summit, registers and when the Peak Coordinator is taken, the 2nd – 10th then are automatically listed in the “Other Hikers” column.

Stephen

You are correct, sir! The first person who signs up automatically becomes the peak coordinator. The peak then appears without a ** in the peak list when the next person comes to register. If they select that peak, they become an “other hiker”.

-Stephen

MtnMagic

How delightfully simple! I already see it will go so easy this year. Perfect!

Stephen

Just some more geeky stats for you:

The system is set to handle 10,000 hikers.

The hiker info and the peak list are stored in separate tables. This will allow people to re-register in future events without re-entering their info.

The peaks list is set to handle 480 total hikers (ten per peak).

-Stephen

Dirt

very easy!!! nice to see so many peaks accounted for so early. will there be a thread to discuss trails to be taken/coordination with others, etc?

Stephen

@Dirt wrote:

will there be a thread to discuss trails to be taken/coordination with others, etc?

Already accounted for! People can post their planned routes in the 2005 Trips & Routes Forum.

dirt_girl

Fabulous job on the registration Stephen!
                  :beer:
                  It was almost too easy… 😮
                  Very impressive stats as well!! :flag:

I am pleased to be a part of something that just gets better and better thanks to all the groovy peeps involved!!!
                  Peace
                  dirt_girl
                  :flag:

Stephen

@dirt_girl wrote:

It was almost too easy… 😮

You’ll have to let me know how to make it easier… short of reading everyone’s minds. 🙂 I’ll get right on it!

-Stephen

SilentCal

Stephen really deserves a couple cold :beer: for his work with the site. He basically took our ideas from the planning notes minutes and made it happen exactly the way we wanted it to be presented. I’m sure it’s not an easy task and he volunteered to do it. Hats off to the man! :flag:

Puck

I have a group on my peak that registered as one seperate entity. Ihave been in touch with the leader (looking forward to meeting him anh hais group). They are 8, me and my son (Gorpburp) makes ten. How should this be reflected on the roster?

Stephen

@Puck wrote:

I have a group on my peak that registered as one seperate entity. Ihave been in touch with the leader (looking forward to meeting him anh hais group). They are 8, me and my son (Gorpburp) makes ten. How should this be reflected on the roster?

They should register as individuals, so we can have a better count. I have sent them an e-mail requesting as such.

-Stephen

Frodo

Stephen really deserves a couple cold for his work with the site. He basically took our ideas from the planning notes minutes and made it happen exactly the way we wanted it to be presented. I’m sure it’s not an easy task and he volunteered to do it. Hats off to the man!

I totally concur! Fantastic job Stephen! :beer:

Stephen

@Frodo wrote:

Stephen really deserves a couple cold for his work with the site. He basically took our ideas from the planning notes minutes and made it happen exactly the way we wanted it to be presented. I’m sure it’s not an easy task and he volunteered to do it. Hats off to the man!

I totally concur! Fantastic job Stephen! :beer:

It took a lot of Fuzzy Navels (OJ & Peach Schnapps) to get me through the weekend, but we are here. The work comes as we hike up and down on 9/11. It’s ultimately you, the participants who make this happen.

-Stephen

TrekMan

My kudos also passed on to Stephen and others who have made this sign-up so easy. Good work!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • The forum ‘2005 Signups & Status’ is closed to new topics and replies.