Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Post-Event Gathering 2005 Gathering Planning

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
      #47030 |

Just wanted to update you all on an opportunity I’m looking in to…

I’m in discussion right now with Eric Jackel over at AMC about potentially using the Highland Center for our gathering next year.

Again, this is in the exploratory process and no committments are being made at this time. At the very least, they have the minimums that we are seeking (food, beer, space, location in the Whites).

We’re also discussing other possibiliess such as arrangements (read: discount) for those who may wish to stay there as part of their FOT48 weekend.

He’s gonna put some ideas together and we’ll talk about the possibility. I’ve expressed (and he was alrady aware of) some of the concerns that folks might have, so go ahead and post your thoughts about it here. I’ll bring those to him and let him address those.

I’ll pursue other offerings as well (if you have an idea, let me know here!). We’ll put these together and poll it out. Although it’s a year away, some facilities book up to a year in advance, so now really is the time to work on this part of our event.

-Stephen

MtnMagic

I’m for camping under the stars.

Bringing my choice of food and drink.

Having a big campfire to converse around!

Still a whole year away and only my thoughts.

rbhayes

Steve,

That would be a Great location – Central to everything, and a wonderfull place to have a hiking event!

I would think the majority of the participants would be more likely to be willing to pay for the bunk rooms at a discounted rate than the general lodge accomidations, but wouldn’t commit until they have signed up for a peak – maybe a reason to start the sign-up process earlier this year.

MichaelJ

I don’t actually think that’s true. I would imagine many people would want private rooms for themselves & spouses, or the 4-person rooms for their groups, simply based on observation this year. Anyone who took a motel room anywhere would go for that.

The bunkhouses would primarily entice people who would otherwise camp, IMO.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘2004 Post-Event Gathering’ is closed to new topics and replies.