Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Signups & Status 12 more peaks to cover (2003)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
      #46779 |

All,

The following peaks are available… time to enlist friends and family and get some coverage!

-T

Bond
      Carter, Middle
      Carter, South
      Hancock, South
      Isolation
      Owls Head
      Passaconaway
      Tripyramid, Middle
      Tripyramid, North
      Washington
      Wildcat A
      Wildcat D

Max

I can’t believe no one took Washington. I selected Cannon so I could interact with the visitors that will surely ask questions. And my wife (who is disabled) can take the tram to the summit and join me.

Greg

I know. Even if someone wanted to drive it – to at least have a flag up there. I didn’t see any pics from George last year so I’m not sure if there was one raised then either… 😕

Stephen

Washington was taken, but had to be dropped.

Wildcat D is taken, Bondcliff is now available again, so we’re still at 12.

Bond
            Bondcliff
            Carter, Middle
            Carter, South
            Hancock, South
            Isolation
            Owls Head
            Passaconaway
            Tripyramid, Middle
            Tripyramid, North
            Washington
            Wildcat A

pedxing

I’m iffy for North Twin. I’m home with flu and fever today. Since there are lots of uncovered peaks, I won’t even consider trying to gret someone to back me up. There’s a good chance I’ll make it.

I loved being up on North Hancock with the flag last year and am really hoping I’ll be up in the Whites with a flag this time around.

On other related notes:

Maybe some of the groups who are covering peaks would be willing to split up to cover more peaks.

I posted an anouncement a few days back on backpacker.com and thebackpacker.com – maybe I’ll try again.

Greg

@pedxing wrote:

I’m iffy for North Twin. I’m home with flu and fever today. Since there are lots of uncovered peaks, I won’t even consider trying to gret someone to back me up. There’s a good chance I’ll make it.

I’m in a similar situation. My daughter has been vomiting and has had diarrhea since last Thursday – nothing will break your heart more than seeing an 8 month old dry heave… 😥

Today and tomorrow will be the key days. If she’s still showing improvment, I’ll go. Otherwise we’re out for Garfield. As of now, it’s a go and I’m planning and packing for it, but I won’t really know until tomorrow.

MichaelJ

Bondcliff would be incredibly fun to do. Get ahold of a huge flag and just hang it off the section of cliff that’s in the cover photograph of the new WMG. No pole necessary. I hope someone jumps in!

pedxing

Greg: I remember what it was like to have a sick baby – its easier to be sick yourself. I hope she’s better soon. Somehow its harder when your child can’t talk to you about what (s)he’s feeling and probably can’t understand.

Greg

@pedxing wrote:

Greg: I remember what it was like to have a sick baby – its easier to be sick yourself. I hope she’s better soon. Somehow its harder when your child can’t talk to you about what (s)he’s feeling and probably can’t understand.

You ain’t kidding. 😥

RichC

You’re a good man Greg Blasko.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • The topic ‘12 more peaks to cover (2003)’ is closed to new replies.