Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
      #47162 |

Only 10 days left before the event. Anyone else getting psyched? Anyone else wondering if they’re really as prepared as they think they are? Anyone else wondering if they need to take a second mortgage to pay for gas to get there?
      😆
      :flag:

MichaelJ

Have all the peak coordinators checked in?

dirt_girl

I am so ready to go. I feel very fortunate that I can spend three days in the mountains for this years event.

I counted only 24 peaks on the TRIPS and ROUTES page.

dirt_girl

Fuel is now more expensive than milk… can they make a car that runs on milk?

Frodo

We (the Lincoln Team) are ready to go, and the only thing that I am worried about is the weather…

And yes they can make a vehicle that runs on milk, though it would be the size of a bus, cost about $8,000,000, and only get 1/10th of a mile to the gallon… 😀

SilentCal

I’m ready. Weather is the only thing that worries me. All the peaks being covered is moot, we have done our best and can’t ask for anything more. There seems to be a good general buzz on the Internet about it. The VFTT post has gotten thousands of views.

I do have a small list of things to discuss at next years planning meeting.

As for all the peak coordinators signing in on Trips and Routes, It’s not required but STRONGLY encouraged. Please try to post there.

Brownie

I am ready to roll!
                Well, the new awesome pole will be completed this weekend, 25′ !!!
                Where do I report on Trips and Routes?
                Can’t find on this site.

Brownie
                South Twin

Chris

@Brownie wrote:

Where do I report on Trips and Routes?
                  Can’t find on this site.

Brownie
                  South Twin

Silly Brownie:
                  https://www.flagsonthe48.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=15
                  :beer:

Brownie

I found it all by myself …so there… :blink: 😮 :flag:

Brownie

Chris

😆

Wahoo! You go boyeeeeee!
                      :beer:

SilentCal

ummmm Chris, I hate to inform you but at least Brownie’s peak is under the Trips and Routes section. I don’t see Hale anywhere. :flag:

You owe me one Brownie….

Chris

Umm, errr, uhh. 😳 It must have been deleted when we made the DB change. Yeah that’s it! It was some weird database gremlin that ate my post. I swear!

SilentCal

Nice backpedaling. I give you a 9.5 :flag:

jessbee

@MichaelJ wrote:

Have all the peak coordinators checked in?

ARRGGHH!! No, there is still no agenda for N. Kinsman, so I may have to take charge on this one. I just noticed flags on sale at Job Lot, but I’ve no idea how to rig a pole. Good thing my dad’s coming along on this one.

SilentCal

Welcome Jessbee- We do have a section labeled Flags and Flagpoles than may be able to help you out. Many folks use PVC piping that can be found at Home Depot. Others use electrical conduit, screenhouse poles, or roof rakes. Just be sure that it is properly staked down. Wouldn’t want it to fall in a strong gust of wind.

MichaelJ

Also, take a look at the Gallery and you can actually see what were used as poles in previous years. As long as you bring up some rope and guy it out at least near the top if not also at about the midpoint, you can use a pretty thin pole.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.