Forums 2005 Flags on the 48 2005 Planning Meeting Hiking events

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
      #47053 |

Normally we try to limit the major discussion to friday night and Saturday night, thus allowing people to particpate in other events during the day.

So, who’s doing what? I’d like to bag another peak or two on Saturday. And I don’t want to do the Franconia loop… again (Greg!). :p

-Stephen

Greg

I might like to hike up to Lunch Rocks in Tucks since this is happening in May. A long drive from Broken Branch though….

SilentCal

I may not get there until late Friday night but I’d be willing to hike something on Saturday. I’m open to anything really. What 4000 footers in the area haven’t you bagged yet Stephen?

Stephen
            bobandgeri

We will be hiking (weather permitting)Sat and Sun. Open to just about anything.

Steve – from your list others in the area you might consider:

Hancocks
              Moosilauke
              Kinsmans
              Cannon
              Cannon Balls (NEHH)
              Scar Ridge (NEHH)
              Wolf (NEHH)

All are fun hikes.

MichaelJ

I’m up for hikes both days. I wouldn’t mind doing some non-4K’s in the area. I’d be up for the Cannon Balls or Scar Ridge, or even Cherry Mountain or the Sugarloafs. I’ve been on Mt. Wolf (and I don’t believe it’s an NEHH, either).

I may bring the bike, too, in case a cycling mood catches me. 🙂

bobandgeri

Your right – Wolf is on the Y-alpine List – I was just cut and paste happy. :beer:

SilentCal

Never done the Cannonballs before. Sounds good. Garfield would be nice too. Large open summit area and not too tough a climb.

Stephen

Garfield sounds like a great pick. I need to start building up for it… I’m out of breath walking up the hill to my car right now. 😀

-Stephen

Alpinista

The Cannon Balls are … hmmm, interesting. As (bad???) luck would have it, I climbed them totally by accident. I was thinking I was on the Fishin’ Jimmy Trail, and ended up hiking the Cannon Balls instead. Guess I needed to work on those map and compass skills! 😆

dirt_girl

As I see it there are two seasons… winter and hiking season. So it seems the hiking
                          (camping, hanging out ’round the fire, good conversation with lively people) season has begun 😀 Woo Hoo!!!! It’s been such a long winter, I’m thrilled my first outdoor adventure
                          of the season involves sharing company with so many very groovy (yes MichaelJ 😉 I mean you too) people!!!
                          I cast my vote for Cannon Balls as well but would also like to bag a 4K or two… Mooseilauke perhaps… both Kinsmans maybe???? 😮
                          I’m easy… I will hike any mountain… any time… with just about anybody.
                          Glad to see you joining in the fun Alpinista…however you can’t lead unless you’ve finished your mapping and compassing classes 😉 😀
                          Thanks to all of you for doing such an awesome job of setting this weekend up!!!
                          Hear’s :beer: hoping Mother Nature is good to us…
                          http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/uszone1.html
                          Cribbage anyone?????
                          dirt_girl

Alpinista

For anyone interested … my tentative plan is to head up Saturday and do some trail work on my trail (Air Line in the Northern Prezzies). Sunday, I’d love to hike Welch-Dickey. Time in between will be spent gabbin’, eatin’, drinkin’ and sleepin’ :beer:

MichaelJ

Just a note – as of last weekend there was still a lot of snow and ice up on the Kinsman Ridge Trail between the Hi-Cannon Trail and the Lonesome Lake Trail.

My plan is to follow SilentCal up Garfield, ‘cuz that’s really a gorgeous hike. But … if the weather’s lousy and there wouldn’t be views anyway, I’ll think about getting the Cannonballs…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • The forum ‘2005 Planning Meeting’ is closed to new topics and replies.