Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
      #47770 |

Hello again,
      This is my 1st FOT48, and I am registered for the Mt. Zealand hike.
      I had posted earlier this week that I was staying Friday evening, 9/11, at the Highland Ctr. and had offered Saturday morning carpool from there to the Zealand trailheads.
      Today, I switched my Friday stay to the Zealand Hut, so that I may be able to hike with the Zealand group Saturday morning.
      Therefore, I will not be able to offer the carpool early Saturday morning as previously planned. Sorry.
      I apologize if my change of plans may have inconvenienced anyone.
      Shawn D.
      e-mail: shawntdonsr@msn.com

Rolly

Hi Shawn,

This is my first FOT48 as well. I may be in need of car pool assistance from home (Billerica, MA) to that area. I’m helping with West Bond but haven’t been able to contact the peak coordinator to see what the plans are. (See my post here for West Bond). I had hoped to hike in to the Guyot Shelter on Friday to make the long jaunt a bit easier. Are you leaving from home in the morning on Friday or the evening? If your leaving sometime in the morning and wouldn’t mind some company on the ride up north I could use a lift. My wife is coming up Saturday to meet me after the hike and we didn’t want to travel in two vehicles if it wasn’t necessary. Let me know.

Thanks,
        Rolly

E-mail:rollym@comcast.net

nopepr

Hey Shawn,

I’ve coordinated a peak each of the past two years but this is a first with someone other than those I typically hike with.

Craig and I are hiking up to the hut Friday and plan to summit Zealand from the hut on Saturday. We normaly bring a painters pole and flag with tie wraps.

I am battling a medical issue this week so I’m hoping that I don’t have to bail last min. I’ll keep you posted.

-DC Nopepr

Shawn D

DC Nopepr,
            I hope all goes well with your medical issue, and we can get a nice FOT48 memorial going at Zealand Saturday 9/12.
            If there is anything I can do to help out, anything I should bring, please let me know.
            I also sent you a PM, with my plans. I look forward to meeting up with you and Craig at the hut Friday evening.
            Thanks, Shawn D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘2009 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.