Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
      #46937 |

Four of us are planning to go. We will take Avalon and Willey Range trail to Willey. If there is time we will complete the Willey-Field-Tom loop, return ing by way of Tom.

We welcome anyone who wants to come along or drop by.

My flag is 4 X 6, we welcome anyone who wants to b ring or provide a larger flag.

Frodo

You are awesome! If there were any medals or certificates for bravery for this event they would be awarded to you! You have recovered well! You are the epitome of what this event stands for and that is perseverance…

I look forward to seeing you again at the Mooseland…

Anonymous

Thanks Frodo. It’s great to be part of this memorial you helped start in the aftermath of 9/11. We’ll have many things to lift a beer to at Mooseland.

Anonymous

We had a great day on Willey. As others have noted, the weather was perfect. I was joined by 6 others as we went to Willey, stopping on the way to enjoy the great views on Avalon. Since I had never been to Mt. Tom, I detoured to that peak on the way back with 3 others and went on to Mooseland.

Mooseland seemed unprepared to handle the numbers that came, but four 4 of us stayed to visit a while. I enjoyed seeing people I had met in 2002, and liked having the chance to meet some new people – especially ones I’d come to know on line. The FoT48 preparations were great. I picked up a shirt, enjoyed the pens and made a tag for myself. Since we were all hungry, and I got tired of struggling to get attention at the bar we left before long and got something to eat on the way out.

pedxing

This is Pedxing and I approved those messages. I mean. I posted the two posts above, oddly, despite signing in both times I was posted as “guest” – I re-logged and will see what happens this time.

Greg

Congrats Ped! Nice job on the hike. I felt pretty sick last week with a 104*F fever (still not sure what caused that) and I came close to bagging the whole thing. I then thought of what you’ve been through the past seven months and it really inspired me to suck it up and go. Fortunately by Saturday I felt pretty good aside from a mild headache. Just wanted to tell you that…

pedxing

Thanks for that Greg. This shows real fortitude on your part. Of course, I cancelled out last year when my son and I had slight fevers a couple days in advance of the trip. It’s funny how events can change your mind about what constitutes an obstacle.

It was great to have this trip – and the cause behind it – to give me a concrete goal in doing the rehab work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • The forum ‘2004 Summit Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.