Forums Flags on the 48 Information Flagpoles & Flags Who supplies the flags?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
      #46716 |

I think that each group that has signed up to climb a certain peak, should try and locate a large flag, hopefully 48 square feet or bigger. If they can’t obtain one, then people on the organizational committe should help them out. We should look at all of our options on trying to locate and borrow large flags. Any suggestions?

Frodo

SherpaKroto had a good reply about this on another thread, but I am going to continue it here. The size of the flag should end up being the size of the one the person/group decides to carry up thier supported peak. Obviously, the bigger the flag, the farther away it will be seen from. The flag size will not matter for many of the wooded summits (Zealand, Owl’s Head, ect.), but most of the 48 have clear summits. I don’t believe that we should try and establish a standard size, but if you really want to make this a spectacular memorial, try to get the largest flag possible (within reason)Part of the challenge should actually be carrying the flag and makeshift pole to the summit, and raising the “Stars and Stripes” for as many patriotic eyes as possible.

TenPeaks

I think I found your flags. Scroll a little more than half way down the page.

http://www.dealhunting.com/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.