Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
      #46936 |

I am going solo. Starting out Friday night from Zealand road will sleep somewhere along the way, then on to Twinway then to West Bond.

Puck

Friday night I hit the trail at 5. It was foggy misty and windy. I made good time past Zealand hut and over Mt Zealand. I didn’t stop for views because I have seen fog before. I needed my headlamp by the time I was passing the peak spur trail for Zealand. Mt Guyot was windy and the visibility was poor. I am happy for the trail maintenance efforts; the cairns, blazes and lined trail. I got to The Guyot shelter a little after 9. and settled in. 30-45 min later the couple doing Mt Bond came through and took a platform just above the shelter.

In the morning I had enough time to go sight seeing over Bond and to Bondcliff. I made it back in time to West bond to have my flag up by 12. Thanks to a couple who had come in from Lincoln Woods.

I had eight people come by. so I had a very solemn experience seeing the other flags and meditaing on the entire experience. I made it off the trail passing some people who knew that I was a flagbearer because of the PVC pipes. People were very supportive and appreciative.

It was great to have met everyone at Mooseland.

Thanks for the opportunity. Living memorial are always the best. I hope that we never become frozen in bronze or marble, that are grandchildren can carry on this custom.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘2004 Summit Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.