Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
      #47958 |

To those headed to West Bond.

We will meet at the Zealand Trail Trailhead at the top of the Zealand Road at 6:30 am. (note edit from original 7:00am) Proceed up the Zealand Trail to the Zealand Falls Hut then take the Twinway over Mt Guyot to the Bondcliff Trail. Turn South for .8 miles to the West Bond Spur trail. It should be about 7 miles one way.

I will post a link to proposed route on Wikiloc this evening.

Sincerely,
      John Messinger
      (Paradox)
      603-707-9685
      jmmddsatroadrunnerdtcom

Paradox

My disc drive crashed not long after I made the OP. It will be a few days before I can put together the route on Wikiloc.

bikehikeskifish

The route:

Zealand Trail to Twinway (water at Zealand Falls Hut or at the falls itself)
          Twinway to Bondcliff
          Bondcliff to West Bond

7.7 miles, 3350 feet (one way). Approximately 550 feet on the return trip.

Returning the same way.

GPS Track and Waypoints (Wikiloc)

Tim

Paradox

This is great Tim, thank you.

Is anyone available a day this weekend to walk up the Zealand/Twinway trails with handsaws to clear blowdown?

Paradox

I have changed the original post to a start time of 6:30 am at the Zealand Trailhead.

Trails are reported to be in good shape as far as the Bondcliff Trail. :flag:

John in NH

Hi All,

I just signed up for this peak, sorry for doing so late! Hopefully you guys would welcome an extra participant and someone to carry flag stuff or provisions for the extended summit stay. If this is a private party or I am intruding last second I would not be offended if you would prefer me to sign up for a different peak. Feel free to PM me here or on Views From The Top on which I am also a member. I can keep the pace needed to make the summit by 12 noon; have completed the NH 48 with many repeats, run regularly including finished a marathon this year. I have two generations of NYC firefighters in my family (grandfather who just passed away a month ago, and uncle) and I would love to be able to participate this year as I did on Carrigain in ‘08

Thanks!

John

John in NH

Paradox

We have a light crew this year (only four [maybe 5] of us), another person would be quite welcome. Tim is very fit and fast, Tom, Laurie, and me are moderate. We have a long way to go (about 8 miles one way) although not that much vertical (<4K). I have reports that the path from Zealand TH to the Bondcliff trail should be smooth sailing. I do not know about the remaining mile+ on the Bondcliff Trail and the West Bond spur. I plan on getting to the Zealand TH before 6:30 am. I have two flags, the poles, and all the line. You will need your own food, beverages and clothing.

BTW I drive a tan colored, Ford Escape Hybrid, with a kayak rack on top (NH plates 220-????).

Sincerely,
                  John Messinger
                  (603) 707-9685

Paradox

Looks like well will be sharing the trail with the group headed to Bond… Mount Bond.

John in NH

Thanks! Looking forward to it it. I will be sure to show up by 6:15.

John

Paradox

Here is the NOAA weather report as of this morning:

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 55. North wind between 5 and 9 mph.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 32.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.

Sunday Night: Cloudy, with a low around 37.

🙂

Paradox

NOAA update 4:36 pm 9/9/11 looks great:

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 43. Breezy, with a northwest wind around 21 mph.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 60. Northwest wind between 11 and 17 mph.

Saturday Night: Increasing clouds, with a low around 39. West wind between 6 and 8 mph.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 62. West wind between 7 and 10 mph.

I’ll be bringing the BIG flag unless there is a big change in the weather report.

Six of us are committed. West Bond is the place to be, for the 10 year commemorative of the 9/11 attacks! Long live the spirit of America!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • The forum ‘2011 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.