Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
      #65704 |

Hello!
      I’m Steve, peak coordinator for West Bond in this year’s event.
      Along with Hollster, I have been past peak coordinator of Madison, South Twin, South Kinsman, Bond (monsoon of 2019), and Middle Tripyramid. This will be our 15th crossing of the Bonds.

We are electing to do a northbound traverse, beginning at Lincoln Woods and exiting via Zealand Trail to the Zealand Road trailhead. It’s a long day of nearly 20 miles and a book time of about 12 hours NOT including the 2 idle hours flying the flag. This event should probably not be your very first experience on the Bonds, as we will be somewhat diligent about moving along. That being said, if you’re up for it, we’re glad to have you.

Since we don’t know each other (yet), I think it’s prudent to plan on book time of approximately 7 hours for the trip in. And this, of course, necessitates a really early boots on trail time of 5am! Hopefully we can build a cushion over book time headed out the grade before we have to start going uphill at Camp 16.

Currently we have a team of 5 signed up for the day. If anyone has a change of heart or change of plans, please keep us informed here so we don’t wait for someone who isn’t coming. The flag/pole setup is easily transported by just a few folks and has successfully flown over previous FOT48 peaks.

I will have a vehicle spotted at Zealand Road and can transport some bodies back to Lincoln Woods afterwards. (3 if we’re cozy). If people would rather go another route or want to start later, you are more than welcome to meet us at the summit, but we would love to have as many people as possible join us by 5:00a or so in the parking lot at Lincoln Woods.

Please chime in if you are signed up to join us! Let us know more about you and your thoughts. We’re happy to discuss the day.
      Steve

cnicosia68

Good morning, Chris here,

Looking forward to it! I also have a vehicle that can fit 3 passengers that I can spot at Zealand if need be, as long as someone is available to shuttle back to Lincoln Woods for the start of the hike.

I would be more than happy to carry anything needed for the flag setup. I have completed all of the 48, and have done a single day Pemi, so I am familiar with the terrain.

Northbound traverse sounds fun, I’ve only come from the other direction. It will give us a nice warmup on the Lincoln Woods trail.

I look forward to meeting you all. Let me know what I can do to help!

-Chris

steveR

Hi Chris, we’re so happy to hear from you!
          Sounds like you have some legs and a sense of adventure. If it was easy anyone could do it. Looking forward to meeting!

Unless the group grows beyond our current numbers, I don’t see any reason to spot another car. We’ll be spotting ours the night before, rather than the morning of, and can move everyone back to the start at the end of the day if need be. We will divvy up flag/pole/gear in the morning and everyone who wants to will get to be part of the process.

If anything is on your mind, just reach out, and we’ll wait to hear from the rest of the team. Watch this space if the weather goes sideways for next weekend. We’d likely call an audible and do in and out from Zealand or in and out over the Twins…
          Steve

ZipnZoe

Hi Steve, I’m Deb.
            Do you have a phone number or email so that I can reach out to you.
            I want to make sure that I’m a good fit for your group.
            Thank you!

steveR

Hi Deb, great to hear from you!
              Feel free to chat here or at allenfarm603@gmail.com

Steve

ZipnZoe

I sent you an email, thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.