Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion Weather report for FOT48

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
      #47501 |

I’m a little early this year but it has become tradition for me to post the weather report for the FOT48 event.
      Don’t shoot the messenger, I get the information from Farmer’s Almanac.
      :flag:
      The umbrella, I mean, envelope please…

…Planning Meeting
      June 1st – 3rd. “Some rain and showers, then fair skies.” 😮
      (is there a chance we’ll see the remainder of the full moon from the 31st of May?)

…FOT48 Hike
      September 8th – 11th. “Hurricane threat for Mid-Atlantic and Northeast coasts. Thunderstorms sweep in from west, then clearing.” 😕

Two words for everyone… rain gear. 😀

SilentCal

Have we ever had a planning meeting that did not have lousy weather?

A hurricane warning for Event day????? Say it ain’t so. Rain is okay. Thunderstorms make me nervous.

Just for fun, Was last year’s farmer’s almanac prediction close to what actually happened?

dirt_girl

Farmers Almanac forcast ” 8th – 11th… Pleasant in New England. Humid with hit-or-miss showers for Mid Atlantic states.”

The week before Farmers Almanac forcast “4th – 7th… Violent thunderstorms and danger of a hurricane along the coast.”

Close by a few days, right? Last year I remember being totally soaked and quite frightened on the hike down. 😮

Dirt

I actually just travelled to the future and back and it’ll be sunny with winds 15-25mph all weekend and a high of 75 both days.

pepsi

@Dirt wrote:

I actually just travelled to the future and back and it’ll be sunny with winds 15-25mph all weekend and a high of 75 both days.

Did I make it to the planning meeting? I mentioned that I would like to have the day off but people with more seniority will be on vacation and I did not really get an answer.

SilentCal

Nice to see both of you!

Dirt- Flags on the 48’s Marty McFly. If you pull up to the gathering in a DeLorean, we’ll know something is up.

dirt_girl

I really like Dirt’s time traveled forcast… 😀

…it could happen. 🙄

Hey Pepsi!! 😉

SilentCal

We’ve always held the planning meeting the weekend between Mother’s Day and Memorial Day. Every single planning meeting weekend has encountered rain in which tarps were needed. While the planning date has changed the weather karma for that weekend has not. Saturday was very cloudy and it started to rain late in the day. Sunday was a washout. Hopefully switching the date works in our favor.

Dirt Girl, what did the almanac say for this past weekend just for fun?

dirt_girl

Here you go … from the Old Farmer’s Almanac
                      http://www.almanac.com/weatherforecast/us/1

Flip a coin huh? from the Farmer’s Almanac…
                      http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/uszone1.html

Yes boys and girls there is a difference… 😀

ken

@dirt_girl wrote:

Last year I remember being totally soaked and quite frightened on the hike down.:o

was i that scary looking following behind in my raincoat????

dirt_girl

Hey Ken!
                          You were more frightening when you crawled out of your tent in the morning! 😀

I was scared of being crispy crittered by a gazillion volt, lightening bolt. 😮

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.