Forums 2009 Flags on the 48 2009 Trips & Routes Washington

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
      #47782 |

Trish, our illustrious leader, will be hiking up Mount Washington solo. I believe she will be ascending via Huntington’s Ravine but I need to have her confirm. I will be driving my car up the auto road with her husband, the two girls, and all the flag gear.

:flag:

TrishandAlex

Yes, what Tobit said. Will post starting time of hike by Thursday morning. Hope to be up there by 10am, to give me plenty of time to assure proper flag configuration/stability.

TrishandAlex

Hi, need to clarify. I won’t be solo, MadRiver and his better half will probably be with me, and perhaps DiamondRidge as well. Anyone else who wants to join our crew is welcome.

Change of route — Lion’s Head, not Huntington’s.

My boots will be on trail at 6am, others can start later and catch up, or join me at 6, whichever you prefer. I want to give myself plenty of time to get up there, and then lots more time to make sure flag is up and properly secured. This is my first time being responsible for the flag, and I don’t want to screw it up. 😉

My kids and their father will be taking the Auto Road and will meet us up there.

TrishandAlex

Another slight change of route — Tuckerman’s instead of Lion’s Head. Lion’s Head branches off from Tuckerman’s anyway, it’s the same starting place.

Alex (who has at the last minute decided to join me) and I will start at 5:30am.

Tobit

@TrishandAlex wrote:

Alex (who has at the last minute decided to join me) and I will start at 5:30am.

Outstanding! See you tomorrow. Have a safe hike. I’ll see you up at the top, I may try and hike down a little bit from the top to greet you.

:flag:

TrishandAlex

Great!

To Glen Filmore — I just received a message from Brian informing me that you will be joining us. He gave me your cell phone, but as it’s the night before the hike I won’t try calling for fear of waking you.

We will be on Tuckerman’s bright and early, for I am not sure how long it will take us to get to the top. Feel free to meet us at the top or do a later start time and catch up.

See you tomorrow,
                Trish

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘2009 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.