Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion Toot’n the Trumpet on Passaconaway

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
      #47852 |

I was thinking this year about dusting off the old trumpet and playing Star Spangled Banner after the flag raising, and taps with a moment of silence just before the flag comes down. Any thoughts on that? Good idea or over kill?

I think it would be pretty neat and would add a special touch. I played in the marching band and played for several military and police funerals, so I know I could do it if I start practicing.

Hmmm, do I want to carry that up with everything else that needs to be carried? :blink:

Guido

Hey Jason, we’d welcome you over on Monroe. We’ve been playing clarinet up there since 2002, often to accompany a vocalist or two. The trumpet could sound SSB and taps nicely.

LenDawg

I was with the group on Monroe one year and it is done very well. So I say bring your trumpet.

Rolly

I agree bring the trumpet. I think it would add a nice touch as well.

SilentCal

I, too was on Monroe for one year and it was a great idea. I say bring the trumpet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.