Forums 2006 Flags on the 48 2006 Trips & Routes Tom on Tom!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
      #47323 |

We’ll be leaving from the Crawford Notch at about 8:00 AM. We plan to go to Field first and then over to Tom by 11:00.

We’ll bring the flag, ropes, etc. Also a camera with a zoom lens and large binoculars. Last year we found quite a few other flags with these tools.

Anyone else planning to be on Tom?

Chris

Hey Tom,

We have Willey, so we’ll probably do the same thing (hit Field first)! We’ll have to see who grabs Field…

tfr

@Chris wrote:

Hey Tom,

We have Willey, so we’ll probably do the same thing (hit Field first)! We’ll have to see who grabs Field…

Field is taken. Maybe all 3 groups can start out together ?

Chris

Sounds like a plan to me! I will warn you, however, that my group is not really made up of “morning people”…

🙂

SilentCal

If you all start together, be sure to get a group photo!

tfr

@SilentCal wrote:

If you all start together, be sure to get a group photo!

Sounds good!

Chris: No worries, we’re not in a race to get there.

tfr

Does anyone have any info on flying the flag on Tom from years past? How is the soil up there? Last year, we brought ropes, duct tape, and a poll, and we were good to go on North Twin.

SilentCal

The soil is a little crunchy on Tom. Doesn’t taste very good. 🙄

Looking at last year’s gallery, those folks flew the flag at the western outlook near the bench. I’m sure there is lots of things you can tie your guy lines to if needed. Duct tape is pretty standard material to bring. If your bringing the same pole that you did last year, I don’t think you’ll have a problem at all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘2006 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.