Forums 2006 Flags on the 48 2006 Trips & Routes Team B&B on Garfield

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
      #47330 |

Both Brownie and I are psyched to have Garfield as this was probably our first 4K hill many years ago (OK, many many years ago).
      We expect to do MichaelJ, SilentCal, Chris and all other FOT48 members proud.
      Most likely route will be Garfield Trail from Gale River Rd. and an 8-8:30 AM start.

Bill :flag:

New Hampshire

Bill, I am very excited to have my very first trip for this event be with you and Brownie on Garfield! This should be interesting to say the least, and hopefully the beginning of a looooong involvement with this yearly memorial.

Brian

SilentCal

Welcome Brian,

Hopefully you’ll get that view from Garfield you missed last time. Look for the small dot on North Twin. That would be me and Sonic. :flag:

New Hampshire

With my 60x spotting scope…..we will probably see your faces 😆 .

Brian

MichaelJ

Rig that thing to a camera and take pictures – I’ll hopefully be shooting my 500mm reflector from up on Franconia Ridge and can pick all of you out!

New Hampshire

My hope is to indeed get pictures. But I dont know how good they will come out since I have no adapter (nor do I think I could find one for my digital camera and the spotting scope) so we will see. My hopes is to get some good views/pics of SJ’s attempt on Owl’s Head. We shall see if the climbing Sherpa can get that flag up there above the trees!

Brian

TrekMan

Team Flume will also be watching the Owl’s Head Team to see their display. I am sure it will be good as the challenge is known!
                  -TrekMan :flag:

Pucknuts

MichaelJ, we promise to make you proud just as long as NH doesn’t bring his rain clouds!

Trekman, you’ll probably have a better viewpoint than us, but hopefully we’ll all be able to see SJ’s flag!

:flag:

New Hampshire

@Pucknuts wrote:

as NH doesn’t bring his rain clouds!

Who…..Meeeee????? 😆

Jen and I promise to do you guys good!!! :flag:

Brian

P.S. Fly ’em high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtnpa

@New Hampshire wrote:

Brian

What is the scope attached to? I may want to stay below the trees 😮

New Hampshire

@mtnpa wrote:

@New Hampshire wrote:

Brian

What is the scope attached to? I may want to stay below the trees 😮

😆 😆 😆 😆

No worries Mike, this is stricitly a spotting scope. Big, heavy, used for looking at things faaaaaaaar away and attatched to a tri-pod…..no firearms involved 😛 . Besides, unless it has antlers or gobbles your safe……though there was that little Turkey costume deal on the Tri-pyramids that SilentCal somehow managed to back out of 😀 😆 😉 .

Brian

SilentCal

🙄

What was that deal again? Maybe I’ll make up for it on your 48th. :flag:

New Hampshire

Careful what you say. Remeber its only Moosilauke….no North Slide this time to hide behind this time 😆 😉

Gobble gobble gobble! :flag:

Brian

tfr

@New Hampshire wrote:

Brian

That does it! I’m going to bring the Astroscan! 😀

New Hampshire

Awesome……so who signed up to fly the flag on the moon? 😆 😆

Brian

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • The forum ‘2006 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.