Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion Summit Journals

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
      #47223 |

I know there was some discussion about this on another thread, but I was just wondering if there was any decision made on what to do with the journal/registers? Should they stay with the same summit year after year or with the peak coordinator? Or maybe someone could volunteer to be the keeper of them and then get them out to the appropriate coordinator each year? (Or do we want to start our own “museum?” 😀 ) What have you done with them in the past?

SilentCal

I know some folks keep them and add to them year after year which makes for a nice memento. The feedback you get from some folks is really touching.

MichaelJ

The Garfield journal from 2004 is lost somewhere in my apartment. I suck. 🙁

TrekMan

Dirt bought a nice hard cover journal book for us to have at Wildcat-D last year. We used it again this year on Moriah and labeled the next new page with date and peak name. I think this works for those of us who will do this for years to come. The logistics of having a separate journal for each peak and trading journals around every year is, let’s face it, the impossible task. :blink:
            I vote for keeping our own journals and if someone one day bombs out of the group, maybe he/she will be good enough to pass it along to someone else.
            :flag:

Stephen

One thing that can be done is to duplicate some of the entries into the online 9/11 Journal forum.

-Stephen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.