Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Signups & Status Still need confirmation (2003)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
      #46812 |

We’re still looking for confirmation of flags at the following peaks. If anyone has pictures, that’d be even better:

Adams
      Carter, Middle
      Carter, South
      Galehead
      Hancock, South
      Owl’s Head
      Passaconaway
      Pierce (Clinton)
      Twin, North
      Washington
      Whiteface

We have pictures and/or reports from the others.

Stephen

MichaelJ

Out on West Bond, we didn’t have the greatest binoculars, but it sure looked like there was a flag up on Garfield. At the very least, something pole-like was up there at one point; maybe just a tall, skinny hiker climbing the cairn.

Jaytrek57

Yeah…I saw one on Garfield as well. I remember thinking that was cool b/c I thought Greg was going to be taking care of his daughter that day.

Sounds/look like someone got it covered. Don’t know what is “officially” needed for confirmation…but I saw one at some point while on Lafayette.

Greg

@MichaelJ wrote:

maybe just a tall, skinny hiker climbing the cairn.

I thought I told you I couldn’t make it… 😉 😉 😉

pedxing

Regretfully, I didn’t make it to North Twin. As I mentioned on the Solo thread – I was sick had some flu and fever. It gradually turned into bronchitis. I wish I’d started the antibiotics earlier.

I’m enjoying the trip reports and am glad so many people went and had a great time – although I’m also bumming that I wasn’t part of it and that another peak was uncovered because of that. I really liked being part of thew Flags event last year, and wish I could be adding to the trip reports posted here. Hopefully I’ll get another shot at it next year.

Many thanks to all who did go, and to the8r, Greg and the others who worked on organizing it. It’s wonderful that the losses of 9/11/01 have been commemorated in this way.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The topic ‘Still need confirmation (2003)’ is closed to new replies.