Forums 2022 Flags on the 48 2022 Trips & Routes South Twin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
      #65703 |

Greetings Happy Campers! I have been negligent in post the route for the big day. My intention is to meet at the North Twin Trailhead at 07:00am on 9/11/22. We will head up to North Twin and then continue on to South Twin. The return trek is still open for discussion. There has been discussion about continuing on and peak bagging Galehead and then coming down the Gale River Trail. That would be 6.4 miles. Its 5.6 miles if we just go back the way we come in. It will be a long day, so pack your food and clothing for any weather eventuality.

For the two people on the team I haven’t met, if you need a place to camp in the Jackson NH area, let me know. Thats where we will be setting out from. My cell is 860-949-5924.

Steve

sixoversix

Thanks for posting the info, Steve. Look forward to this event & meeting everyone – this is our first time! I take it that my husband Larry and I are the two people you haven’t met. We’re from CT and will be camping down the street at Twin Mtn. RV Park, so we’ll be close to the trail. We will likely descend via the way we came in, since we are boarding our dogs for the day and pickup time is 6pm – we’ll have to haul to make that time. Full disclosure I can be a sloth when the elevation starts to increase, but you can just go on ahead of me I’ll be fine LOL. We’ve done 26/48 and 14/52 and climbed Washington and Monroe in July, but I’m not setting any FKT records lol! See you soon!
        Kim & Larry

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.