Forums 2019 Flags on the 48 2019 Trips & Routes South Twin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
      #63996 |

Good afternoon!

I do have others on our team whom are joining, however not signed up. So we are more or less full as of 8/18, but feel free to shoot me a message.

We will be leaving from Haystack Road at approximately 0700. The WMNF Guide lists this as a 5.6 mile, 3,200 ft of gain, and approximately 4h25 minutes, one way. Our group is stronger than the book, and expect to maintain around a 2mph pace.

We have a core team going for our third year, so the pole/flag is all squared away. I only ask that you bring a slightly bigger pack than you normally would for a day hike. We try to split the gear of the guy carrying the pole, so they do not have to carry the pole + all their gear. We will be hiking rain or shine, so please consider your gear choices if the weather is poor. You will be stationary for a while on a bare summit, so pack accordingly given the forecast.

TheAvalanche

Hello TealGoat, there are 5 of us that just signed up yesterday for South Twin because there were openings listed on the website. I just saw the post on 8/18 saying the group was full. Can you confirm that if we signed up and received the confirmation email, we are all set for the hike? thanks.

carolh

I’m also wondering about the group being full. We have 4 people who signed up. What trail are you taking.

Appalachian Mountain Club – Worcester – Group of 10

Hey guys can’t wait for the weekend. This will be my first time with FOT48, so pardon my confusion. A post from TheTealGoat on Aug 18 says the hike is full…. but I’m signed up via the website (and received confirmation) along with chiefpa and carolh and others. On Sep 2 ChiefPA asked about the group being full? Haven’t seen any replies to that or itinerary. Could you confirm here? Or is there somewhere else we should be getting info from. Thanks in advance…

TheTealGoat

Hey all,

Sorry I didn’t check this sooner.

from what I understand, as of today (9/9);

Colleen F. Has her and 2 others signed up
              Carol W. Has herself and 2 others signed up

Are any of you with these folks?

+whomever I might have missed or dont recognize their screen names via the site

My group that is not fully signed up via the site is eight, so we really are full – (at atleast FOURTEEN right now). I will not turn anyone away – that is not my intent, however a group that large is tough to manage

I will be checking in Wed/Thursday with an updated list.

Any questions please email me directly; AMooshian@yahoo.com

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by TheTealGoat.
              • This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by TheTealGoat.
              TheTealGoat

All of you in this thread are good to go! There was some confusion on my end with 2 Carols 🙂 I didn’t realize y’all where together!

I will post an on Thursday PM/Fri AM firmed up plans for us. I think there is a going to be about sixteen total – please try to carpool as much as possible 🙂

Thanks!

Adam

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.