Forums 2015 Flags on the 48 2015 Trip Reports South Twin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
      #48410 |

South Twin Mountain – I met up with my friend Eric as we had decided it would be fun to hike out a day early and camp at elevation and have a short hike on Saturday morning. We headed up North Twin and were treated a beautiful sunset that was hard to leave. After the night sky took over, we headed out with our headlamps and located a place to camp somewhere in the col between North and South.
      We took a walk back up and viewed that absolutely gorgeous clear skies above us and finally decided to call it a day.
      In the morning we summited S. Twin about 7:45am and dropped our poles nearby and headed down to Galehead hut, dropped our packs and ran up Galehead and back to the hut for a brownie.
      We picked up a few items and then headed back up S. Twin and met the rest of the team who had recently arrived.
      The pole and flag went up, we played the National Anthem and the summit with about 35 people was absolutely quiet… it really was a little moving. I think I got some sand in my eye.
      We had the opportunity to meet some nice folks, take in the views on a spectacular day, and view the flags on N.Twin, Garfield and W. Bond… I think I spotted he flag on Garfield as well.
      We broke down at 2 and headed off on our separate ways grateful where we live in a place we can stand together and celebrate our country and remember those who have given so dearly for it.
      A truly great day! I look forward to next year.
      :flag:

Dick B.

Thanks Dale …Great time & day :flag:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘2015 Trip Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.