sherpagrl207ParticipantAugust 22, 2016 at 2:29 pmPost count: 14
We will be running reconnaissance on Sunday, 08/28. Nineteen Mile and Carter Dome trails to Zeta Pass, Carter-Moriah trail to the peak. We’ll leave from the trailhead at 8am.sherpagrl207ParticipantAugust 22, 2016 at 5:52 pmPost count: 14
Saturday 08/27 appears to work better for a few of the crew members. Please message me to let me know if Saturday, 8am at the trailhead, works for you for recon.sherpagrl207ParticipantSeptember 2, 2016 at 11:25 amPost count: 14
Good morning all!
So, the plan is to utilize one of the dead trees we found on the peak last weekend. We will bring up a small hatchet, ropes and flag. I have also ordered as back-up a retractable, portable flag pole. It’s due to arrive on Thursday. If anyone has a special flag they would like to use, please let me know the size and bring it with you on the 11th. We would much rather use something that carries personal meaning than the Walmart flag I picked up. 🙂
Please plan to meet at the trailhead at 6. I know this seems early, but I figure it’ll take us a good half hour to organize and get started up the trailhead, the flag has to be flying at noon and I want to make sure we have plenty of time to utilize back-up plans, if necessary, having never done this before.
My cell # is (207) 632-5741.
Looking forward to seeing you all!
Elainesherpagrl207ParticipantSeptember 6, 2016 at 2:34 pmPost count: 14
Hey all! Slight change of plans, but not with meeting time. We bought sections of PVC and will be using those instead of a retractable flag pole or the dead tree – just too many unknown variables and we didn’t want to risk being unprepared. That said, please let me know asap if you will be meeting us at the trailhead at 6am. We really, really need to know how many hands we will have available to help carry the sections of PVC. My cell is (207) 632-5741. Please feel free to text me, though I would prefer emails to firstname.lastname@example.org or responses to this thread.
Elainesherpagrl207ParticipantSeptember 10, 2016 at 12:13 amPost count: 14
So we’ve had a few people cancel their participation due to the forecast, which is totally understandable. Please send me an email to let me know if you still plan on showing up on Sunday at 6 am as I need to know how many hands we have so I can plan accordingly for our flag raising set up. That said, I will be checking the forecast tomorrow and will let you all know by 6pm tomorrow night if we’re going to continue as planned. Safety is the utmost priority.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.