Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Signups & Status Signups: 31%!!! (2003)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
      #46760 |

We’re almost a third of the way there on signups!

1 Month and 16 days until the event!

-T

SilentCal

Has anyone given any thought to dropping an e-mail to all those who signed up last year to see if they are willing to do it again. I would be willing to do this but i just wonder if it is nessacery.

Stephen

@SilentCal wrote:

Has anyone given any thought to dropping an e-mail to all those who signed up last year to see if they are willing to do it again. I would be willing to do this but i just wonder if it is nessacery.

Greg,

Sounds like we’ve got a volunteer! I think this would be a great idea. It’d be nice to NOT send it to those who did it last year and have already signed up.

Cal, you’ll have to get last year’s file from Greg…

-T

Greg

@the8re wrote:

I think this would be a great idea. It’d be nice to NOT send it to those who did it last year and have already signed up.

I agree. See:

http://flags.alpinezone.com/peaks02.htm

TenPeaks

Hi Guys: I carried a flag up E. Osceola last year and I’m really bummed I won’t be able to participate this year. I’ve got another commitment I can’t get out of. If things should change I’ll definitely be in. Keep me in mind for next year. Rain or shine I’ll be there!

SilentCal

I just dropped a note to everyone who signed up last year (minus those who already signed up). I thanked them for their help last year and thanked them for sending photos to the image gallery as well. I put a link to the main Flags site in the email and asked if they would be willing to help again this year. Already got several the e-mail’s back as undeliverable but hopefully we can get word of mouth to spread.

SilentCal

Besides the Mountains and Molehills page on the AMC site, has there been any other input to other hiking sites?? i.e. VVFT, or backpacker or anything else?

Greg

Probably couldn’t hurt to post something over at VFTT

Frodo

I plan on posting on VFTT, Backpacker.com, and a few others (also will be sending out emails to most hiking clubs in the Northeast. I have been postponing this until about 4 weeks in advance of the 13th due to what happened last year. After the initial responses, things were quite slow until the final 2 weeks. Scary thing is how often do you hear about Sept 11 these days?

Stephen

With the latest report on Flight 93 that came out today, it seems to be on the forefront of some people’s minds.

-T

Greg

Yeah. Read this article. It kind of brings you back to 9/11/01 a bit; thinking of what it must’ve been like to be on one of those planes; or in one of those building… 🙁

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • The topic ‘Signups: 31%!!! (2003)’ is closed to new replies.