Forums Flags on the 48 Journal 9/11 Journal Remembering 9/11 now

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
      #46900 |

I’ve been reading a book my cousin sent me “Love Greg and Lauren” – it consists mostly of the emails sent by Greg Manning, whose wife suffered 80%+ burns on 9/11/01 as she was heading into work at the World Trade Center. It’s a moving read, and it brings the aftermath of 9/11 home – how horribly people died, and how badly injured the wounded survivors were.

Knowing how many people suffered burns, I feel even more connected to the event than I did when it happened. I didn’t really know then what it meant to be severely burned… what fire does. Having been burned, knowing that modern medicine and dedicated medical people are all that stood between me and death, I understand better now. And I better appreciate the courage of the fire fighters who rushed into the WTC and gave their lives. I didn’t need this to care when I was part of this in 2002, but I’ll have more to think about this time. And, I have to admit, if I knew last year what I know now – a nasty cold might not have kept me home last year.

MtnMagic

You and I know from experience what it is like to be near death in a fire. We know how the survivors of 9-11 must feel.

Congratulations on your fine choice of summiting Willey. All of us are looking forward to meeting you and hope to see you guys at the Mooseland.

Cheers!

pedxing

Mtn: It’s done me a world of good knowing that you had more burns than I did, and that you are out there in the mountains often.

The Flags hike continues to be a good motivator for me to get out there and get in shape.

SilentCal

Very moving indeed. I wish you well on Willey. Were you able to get other folks to join you?

pedxing

Cal, thanks. My wife and two backpacking friends have a greed to join me.

pedxing

I just came home to find this in my email:

“Burn Survivors Throughout The World,

Three years ago today, September 11, 2001, the United States and the world was touched by crazy and uncaring people. We lost many lives and suffered an emotional scar that all of us burn survivors can fully understand. The families and children of the men and women lost in the three airplanes and New York City, need our prayer and support.

I ask all of you reading this email to take a moment of silence and ask God for the guidance needed to help the families and not only the USA but the world to find Ben Laden and stop his people and all other dangerous individuals so the world can be a safer place to live in.”

650 N Beneva Road #305
                Sarasota, Florida 34232
                941-364-8457
                1-800-503-8058
                info@burnsurvivorsttw.org
                http://www.burnsurvivorsttw.org

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘9/11 Journal’ is closed to new topics and replies.