Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion Red Cross Critical Blood Shortage

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
      #47079 |

I donated today, but wanted to share this announcement. If you haven’t donated before, or lately, please consider.

I’ve donated 5 times now, so if you have questions, let me know, or use the contact info below.

-Stephen

@American Red Cross wrote:

We are currently suffering from a critical blood shortage and we need your help. With the 4th of July rapidly approaching, blood supplies are expected to continue to decrease since many people will be away for the holiday. The American Red Cross is based on the principle of neighbor helping neighbor. As one of our neighbors, we are contacting you for your assistance in getting blood supplies in our community back to acceptable levels. Eligible individuals are urged to make donating blood a personal priority surrounding the 4th of July weekend.

Call 1-800-GIVE LIFE (1-800-448-3543) to make an appointment to donate blood. To make an appointment online log on to http://www.givelife.org. To view a list of blood drives in your area, log on to http://www.newenglandblood.org.

If you recently made a blood donation, or if you have already scheduled an appointment to donate blood, please accept our thanks on behalf of the patients whose lives you may have helped save.

To donate blood, you must be healthy, at least 17 years old and weigh at least 110 pounds. Blood donors are eligible to give a whole blood donation every 56 days.

Please donate blood.

Together, we can save a life.

SilentCal

We have a bloodmobile stop by work every other month. Other than the year I had Mono, I’ve given every time. Always a good thing to do. You never know who you just might be able to help out.
        Good Reminder Stephen!

MtnMagic

I never knew one could donate every 56 days. I’ll now donate more than once a year. Thanks for the post.
          🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.