Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion Question on Participation

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
      #46878 |

I sent an email about this but never heard back so thought I would try here.

I missed out on the signups as I was away on business. I am the faculty advisor to the Stonehill College Outdoors Club. The students in the club had been very excited to participate in this and one was supposed to be attending the planning meeting while I was out of the country. Unfortunately, he did not make it and by the time I got back all the mountains were taken except for Owl’s Head, which was a little too much for the mixed skill level of the group from Stonehill.

I am wondering whether on one of the more accessible (or easier though I hate that term) 4000 footers, if anyone has room and interesting in incorporating us into your summit team? We already have a flag and flagpole and are a team of 8 very nice people looking to participate in this special event. Ideally, the mountains in question would be along the lines of Tecumseh, the Osceolas, Passaconaway, Hale, Eisenhower, Jackson, Moosilauke, Tom Field or Wiley, etc etc.

I would appreciate hearing back from anyone.

Thanks,
      Dundare

MtnMike

Would you like one of the Hancocks?

My wife and I signed up for both peaks figuring if we did one we might as well hit the other one too since they were both in close proximity to each other and nobody had yet expressed interest in either summit.
        But if you’d like to take over responsibility for one of the summits that’s completely fine with us.

:flag: 😀

dundare

We would be happy too – we will take whichever you dont want. Feel free to email me at sgiovanello@stonehill.edu

MtnMike

@dundare wrote:

We would be happy too – we will take whichever you dont want. Feel free to email me at sgiovanello@stonehill.edu

I e-mailed you. Will South Hancock be ok for your group?
            I figured South Hancock would be the more accessible of the two based on elevation gains and distances. Although I could be mistaken.

And if for some reason you have to cancel my wife and I could still cover both summits as was originally planned.
            😀

dundare

We will gladly take South Hancock and hope to see you that day Mike. Thanks a ton!

Dundare

MichaelJ

This was great to come back and see – huge thanks to you both for your participation and accomodation of each other!

SilentCal

Well Done! Your parties may even be able to hike together since the approach trail is not to rough! Enjoy the day and don’t forget the camera!

CT319

For the Moosilauke Team:

My daughter and I participated the last two years:

2002 – Moriah
                    2003 – Moosilauke

I am out of the country and will be on 9/11 (spending some quality time in Baghdad, Iraq)

My daughter would like to join with the Mossilauke team on 9/11. Would you please post planning information or contact information if it is possible for her to accompany your efforts?

Thank you :flag:

SilentCal

I’ll get and post the information you need CT319. Several other hikers have expressed interest in having others join their party. The folks on Garfield, Liberty, Moriah and Monroe, have indicated before that they are open to those who wish to join up. I will contact the Moosilauke group and see if it’s alright.
                      More to follow…

Chris

@CT319 wrote:

For the Moosilauke Team:

My daughter and I participated the last two years:

2002 – Moriah
                        2003 – Moosilauke

I am out of the country and will be on 9/11 (spending some quality time in Baghdad, Iraq)

My daughter would like to join with the Mossilauke team on 9/11. Would you please post planning information or contact information if it is possible for her to accompany your efforts?

Thank you :flag:

We may have a full 10 person group for Moosilauke this year, but if we don’t your daughter is more than welcome to join us. Feel free to PM me here or hop on over to http://www.hike-nh.com and drop a line there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.