Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
      #46846 |

What info should the press release contain? Who wants to take charge of the PR campaign?

SilentCal

I would suggest getting quotes from a few people as to WHY they are doing this for the press release. Personal stories are great reads.

Stephen

Let’s start discussing what the July 4 Press Release should contain. A potential outline:

P1 Announce registration kickoff w registration form address. (register.flagsonthe48.org)
          P2 Brief history/ description, including website
          P3 Participant quote
          P4 More information: Forum & Website

SilentCal

The outline sounds good. Should the event history be updated at all? We needs to show the web address for the gallery and forums. That could really kick participation into gear.

Chris

I’m wlling to participate in the PR campaign, I’ve done that kind of thing before. I would like to see a couple of us doing this, just to get the largest coverage area possible…

It is important that we create the press release in a standard format, making it easy for the newspapers/websites to publish with little to no effort. Keep in mind that since these are free, we cannot typically request a date to be published, they will print the release whenever they feel like it.

One last thing, I think we should tackle the major magazines as well (like Backpacker) they will also print stuff like this. I’m willing to take that on, I did something similar for a Dive Shop I used to work for. But we need to get on that right away, they plan pretty far in advance.

Stephen

I would like to suggest we have a press release ready to go out next Wednesday (June 30) announcing the official kickoff for the 2004 FOT48. It will include, aside from the basic description of the event, the registration information and the history.

-Stephen

Stephen

All future publicty discussions will be in the Publicity forum:

http://forums.flagsonthe48.org/viewforum.php?f=9

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • The topic ‘Press Releases’ is closed to new replies.