Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Post-Event Gathering Potential Ski Area Locations

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
      #46861 |

I Emailed my contacts at Bretton Woods, Loon, and Attitash in hopes that they have some ideas for a place to host this year’s gathering.

MichaelJ

Awesome – thanks, Greg!

Greg

I’ve received responses from all three already and they are all looking into it.

Stephen

They like us! They REALLY like us! 😆

-Stephen

Greg

I received another response looking for more info. Specifically:

1. Type of food?
              2. Type of event (i.e. do we need entertainment?) :blink:
              3. Time of day?
              4. Duration?
              5. Other requirements?

I indicated this is a somewhat grassroots, non-profit event and it’s pretty loosely organized and that there will be most likely not be a budget to rent a hall. I suppose it would be very basic and certainly nothing fancy (we’re talking a number of smelly hikers, after all). I asked if there is anything we can do on a per head basis.

Stephen
                1. Type of food?
                  General Fare + BEER
                  ERM, no. Maybe background muzak, but nothing fancy.
                3. Time of day?
                  I think first folks arrive around 5 or 6 and stay until 10 or so.
                4. Duration?
                  3-5 hours
                5. Other requirements?
                  Hiker-Friendly
                Greg

@Stephen wrote:

1. Type of food?
                    General Fare + BEER
                    ERM, no. Maybe background muzak, but nothing fancy.
                  3. Time of day?
                    I think first folks arrive around 5 or 6 and stay until 10 or so.
                  4. Duration?
                    3-5 hours
                  5. Other requirements?
                    Hiker-Friendly

All three have responded favorably and are interested in helping. Is it safe to present these “requirements” as Stephen has outlined?

SilentCal

Sounds great! No need to worry too much about entertainment. There will be plenty of story swapping and checking out each other’s digital camera pics.

Stephen

Hrm… if there were an ‘net connection, we could even scan/upload on site…

-Stephen

escendo

Have about the Mt Washington Hotel? Lobster & Champagne for all! Okay, so my head is already in the clouds…

Outtabreath

Looking forward to it.. 😀 definately not anything fancy.

MichaelJ

Not only could we upload on site, but if we had a TV or large monitor there we could have a running slideshow of pictures as they come in. Regrettably, I don’t own such a TV… 🙁

Little Bear

Entertainment???? I thought we were the entertainment. 😆 :flag: :beer:

Oops – if they know that, then maybe they won’t want us 🙄

Greg

Okay. Here is the response for Loon:

@Loon wrote:

You have a couple of options along the route of the BBQ.
                                Would you like to pay a lump sum for a specific number of people (give or take a few)?
                                Or would you prefer we offer and a-la-cart style BBQ with each individual paying for him/herself?
                                Loon would require a $500 room fee with the a-la-cart option.
                                A cash beer/wine bar can be set up without a problem, however if you wish us to provide liquor please let me know in advance as I must extend our liquor license for that day.

The contact from Attitash also indicated they could do a per head dinner. I’m still waiting for more info on some options at Bretton Woods.

No matter which way we go, I believe there is going to be a pre-paid amount needed. Any thoughts on how to handle that?

MtnMagic

Hey there Little Bear
                                  🙂

Yes of course, we are the entertainment!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • The topic ‘Potential Ski Area Locations’ is closed to new replies.