Forums 2022 Flags on the 48 2022 Trips & Routes Passaconaway Route

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
      #65643 |

Hello and welcome

From past experience a meeting spot near the summit has been welcome for folks. This gives them the opportunity to get near the summit in various ways, including peak bagging other summits on the way. Passaconaway offers many different options, and is in the wilderness area so a dispersal initially is not a bad thing. We will meet at the intersection of Dicey’s Mills Trail and Eat Loop Trail intersect. This is roughly 0.2 miles up from the Dicey’s Mill / Rollins Trail intersection.

Where: Dicey’s Mills Trail and Eat Loop Trail intersection
      When: 10:15 a.m. depart from intersection
      Distance / Elevation: Dicey’s Mill Trail route is approx. 4.6 miles / 2950 feet of climb
      Book Time: Just under 4 hours

Other options for individuals: 1. Oliverian Brook / Passaconaway Cut-off / East Loop 2. Old Mast Rd / Walden Trail / East Loop 3. Blueberry Ledge / Rollins / Dicey Mills and more routes exist!!!

I have a 12-15 foot flagpole that is lightweight (PVC w/ aluminum inner) and breaks into 5 sections, is not a heavy carry. It has flown on peaks such as Jackson, Pierce, Hancocks, Kinsmans, etc. in the past. That will come up along with a flag that has also been flying. Depending on weather we can set-up at the summit or at the viewpoint, we can decide together as we do the final summit of the mountain.

My hands do not work great, so knot tying is so much appreciated!!! In the past people have brought cocoa, coffee, snacks and other things to share and it has been such a spirit lifter!! Heck if someone wants to bring another pole / flag and weather is good we can set-up at summit and outlook even!! Anything anyone wants to bring is welcome, just drop a note here and we shall get it done!!

It is not a race, it is the destination and the spirit of the day. We will get there in time and honor all.

I’m easy to see – sign on pack and a wool Stetson Hat

Drop a line to cheinselman@gmail.com or text 603-831-8740 or drop a note here.

Thank you

Craig Heinselman

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.