Forums 2018 Flags on the 48 2018 Trips and Routes Passaconaway

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
      #62992 |

Arrival: Meet at Ferncroft Road parking lot. We will take Dicey’s Mill trail to the summit.

When: September 8, 2018 at 6:00am; Depart parking lot at 6:30am sharp.

Expected Peak Arrival: 10:30am to 11am, depending on group pace.

Descent: Over to Whiteface and back down is planned.

Total miles: Approximately 8.6 (approximately 11.5 with Whiteface).

More details to be discussed once additional people sign-up for this peak. Contact me through https://www.flagsonthe48.org forum or e-mail danielleamber81@gmail.com.

btrickett

Danni –
        What is the plan for breaks/stopping etc.?

I just signed up, first time and want to make sure I am prepared. I am not an avid hiker but I am looking forward to this!

Brian

danni1281

Brian,

We are not planning any breaks since it is only 4 miles to the top. The flag poles will probably slow us down so it will be a leisurely pace. The plan is to split the poles between everyone so that the weight is not all on one person. I can weigh them and give you the weight of that (it is about 20-25 pounds total for all of them). We also will be moving the start time to earlier, 5am meet with 5:30am start time. This is because of the slower pace. I am not able to change my original post to reflect those times. We are going to set up the big pole and flag at the lookout and a smaller flag on the actual summit. If we get up there earlier than planned, we will be hanging around for the 12-2 fly over so I would bring warm layers in case it is cold and maybe something to sit on unless you are fine sitting on the ground. We most likely will be up there 4-5 hours (setting up/idle time).

btrickett

Danni –
            Thanks for getting back to me. I just found out today that I might not be able to make the hike because of me needing to watch the dog. Starting at 5:30am, that might be tough as well. I live about 3 hours south of Passaconway. What time will we be done and back to the parking lot? If I can home in time to get my dog taken care of, it still might doable.

Thanks, Brian ~

danni1281

Brian, we are planning to go out over Whiteface so it will be a longish day since we won’t be packing up the flags until 2. How are you with hiking alone? You could always start after us and catch up or just join on top, hang out for a bit, and then head out when you need to. That way you aren’t stuck with our times, since the other three of us signed up are all camping locally after. If you would like to do that, please come late and join us! I am sure we will be taking forever to set up once up there and then we will just hang out so you would still have a good time I think. You can let me know closer to the date, if you want. Maybe let me know by the Wednesday before.

btrickett

Hi again Danni – I think getting up there to hike in with you would be easy enough, I would just need to get up super early to drive north to meet you. I was thinking if I head down around noonish, that would get me back to my vehicle around 3ish and home by 5:30 or 6. What trail are you ascending? I want to research it in AMC’s book and that may weigh on my decision.

Thanks for understanding my situation.

Best, Brian ~

btrickett

Hi again Danni – I will not be doing the hike, it is just too much time involved to be commuting 6 hours (3 hours each way) and the hike. I am really bummed but I have no choice, my dog needs to be taken care of. If something changes, I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks for understanding my situation.

Best, Brian ~

danni1281

Brian, thanks for letting me know. If you can, please remove yourself from the hike list so others can sign up.

Inger Kercado

Difference between online and campus education. Online education means they can learn and watch the instructor on the you tube and CDs. And campus education means to heard their instruction live face to face not on internet. But both assignment writing australia education beneficial for the all students.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.