Forums 2011 Flags on the 48 2011 Trips & Routes Owl’s Head

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
      #47949 |

Changed to day hike due to Family Obligation

Due to numerous water crossings, high water and/or high probability of rain will be closely monitored.

We will use Lincoln Pemi River water station as GO – NO GO gauge. I am thinking about 500-600 CFS.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nh/nwis/uv?cb_00060=on&cb_00065=on&cb_70969=on&format=gif_default&period=120&site_no=01074520

Regards,
      Tom Murphy

Tom Murphy

Changing this to day hike with early start time.

Regards,
        Tom Murphy

SDelaney

Hi Tom,

I hiked Owls Head on Friday and the trail was OK. The river crossings were very high and several hikers removed their boots. There were areas for crossing if you walked upstream.

Scott

Tom Murphy

Thank you for this note. I have been wondering about access and the trail condition.

bikehikeskifish

At the moment, the Pemi suspension bridge is closed, so you will have to walk back down the Kanc and over the highway bridge. That could change before Sunday, of course.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/white_mountain/conditions/exhibitA_allclosure_09052011.pdf

Tim

Tom Murphy

I will be arriving at the Lincoln Woods Parking Lot at 6am.

I will need get a parking ticket and we need to walk back to the highway to cross over the Pemi.

If everyone in the group is comfortable with it, we will do the Black Pond bushwhack on the way in.

Look forward to meeting everyone and getting to see what Irene did to the “boring” Lincoln Woods trail.

Tommy

Tom Murphy

FYI

from email to Elaine:

i am very slow as well, we can stay together for the whole trip and return as a group, we can stay on the summit for as short as as long as you want, i have a 3 hour drive home so i am not crazy about the whole til 2 pm thing

Tommy

Sent from my iPad

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • The forum ‘2011 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.