Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
      #46843 |

This thread is for discussing the logistics of an on-call team.

This would be a group of people who would agree NOT to sign up for a peak until the last week or so, and then cover any peaks that are left over.

This would be a special group of folks who are willing to hike anywhere for the sake of covering all the peaks. They would be a highly respected group who everyone should honor by buying them a beer after the event! :flag: :beer: :beer: :beer:

-Stephen

Stephen

I am willing to be on the on-call team.

Stephen

Perhaps we could make it an option on the registration form, rather than signing up for one peak, a registree could select “On-Call”.

The drawback of course would be if someone new signs up for on call, and they get hit with Owl’s Head, the probablity of coverage greatly decreases.

Perhaps we should limit on-call to previous participants? Or only forum participants? Or maybe by invite? Any thoughts?

-Stephen

SilentCal

This could cut both ways. By limiting who can be on the “on-call” team you can turn people away. By letting anyone do it, we can run the risk of the signee backing out if they get a peak they don’t want. Tough call. I would say previous participants can only be on the “on-call” team. that way we can ensure that the peak gets covered. I would sign up for this but Cathie would punch my lights out if I tell her on September 10th “Oh by the way we got Owl’s Head tomorrow”.

On-Call sign ons should get free beer at the post trip meeting :flag: :flag:

Jaytrek57

IMHO-

For logistic purposes, ‘On-Call” should not be part of the registration process. We want people to sign-up for a peak and having this as an option reduces this. It does not turn people away if the people don’t have it to begin with.

Here’s another dilema…for me anyways. I would like to be on the “On-call team” but also would like to register my “crew” for a peak. In other words, am willing to be OC, would do it the day of, by myself or 1 more member of my crew, but nice to know I can still go with my crew if all the peaks are covered. I know that didn’t make sense.

Ok….I need another coffee.

*&^% I wish I was able to make that meeting! 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The topic ‘On-Call Team’ is closed to new replies.