Forums 2022 Flags on the 48 2022 Trips & Routes North Twin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
      #65651 |

Welcome to the North Twin team!

The plan for our peak is to meet at the North Twin Trailhead on Haystack Road at 0700. After meeting up, we will distribute flag pole sections and any other gear that needs to go up. We will begin our hike NLT 0800. Book time for this trail is roughly 3.5 hours, so this should give us plenty of time to reach the summit and get set up.

Once the flag is up, feel free to hang out at the summit or bag other peaks (just make sure and return by 1400).

A little background on me: This is my eighth time participating in Fot48 and I have been a peak coordinator multiple times. I have a well tested, lightweight 24’ flagpole that breaks down into 6 sections that has been used on most of my previous Fot48 hikes. I am an avid hiker throughout all of New England and very much looking forward to meeting everyone.

kellierachelle@gmail.com

Thanks, Josh! It’s been a few years since I’ve been on North Twin and my first time participating in Flags on the 48, so I’m really excited to be there and help out.

lucyneiman

Thanks Josh. I plan to try and bag South Peak while there so hope that is OK. Not sure of the pace and I am rather slow but assume that if we get there with the flag pieces, we are fine. Thanks, Lucy Neiman

mariet

I am looking forward to hiking with Josh again.
            Lucy Neiman I am also slow more on the descent.

Josh King

Glad to have everyone on board!

lucyneiman

Decided to unregister to leave space for someone else. May still hike.

Josh King

Google drive link for group photo sharing:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/h6szoF1NFMqfZteM8

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.