Forums 2010 Flags on the 48 2010 Trips & Routes North Kinsman

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
      #47857 |

So I was thinking The Mount Kinsman Trail. Leave from the parking lot at about 8:00 am. Would like to get an early start and have the flag flying early maybe. Was thinking of going up to South after taking some pictures and seeing if we could see some other flags. What do others think? Also I have looked at getting a 4X6 flag with a 9 ft pole. The lady at the store suggested using a base as well because of the rocky summit. Looking at the cost of everything it is about $125. It would be greatly appreciated if we could all pitch in or if someone has experience with this (as I do not) and has a pole/flag or better idea. Would like to go high and big if at all possible. Also at my cousins memorial (NYC FF) the town of Concord NH sent down a ladder company to the the memorial, so I was going to ask if they would kinda sponsor the thing and if that’s the case we don’t have to worry about it. Finally, my cousin’s engine company made a flag that says “2010 Flags On The 48”, Engine 201 emblem, and the names of the guys they lost so I was going to fly that below if no one objects.
      Thoughts feelings? let me know. I am very excited for this and hope you all are as well
      Paul

Mark R.

Paul,
        Mount Kinsman trail sounds great. Please let me know what we need for materials or if there is a donor. I can fabricate a pole and base at work if you don’t have one yet. Speaking for myself , Gmonkey and Big Sky, we are all very excited to participate in the hike.

Mark

And yes, please fly the “201”.

Panchito

Mark,
          Nate and I are going to put something together with PVC I think but if you have any ideas or would like to do that let me know. I have the flag (its actually the one that used for my cousins memorial). Keep in touch
          Paul

TrekMan

Panchito – Did you get the photos of our flagpole made from conduit? I sent them in a message some time ago.
            -Trekman

Panchito

Yes I did thank you very much, they were very helpful. Nate and I will throw something together or I might take Mark up o his offer to make one at work. I have the flags ready to be flown. Sorry I didn’t get back to you
              Cheers
              Paul

Mark R.

Paul,

I have a telescopic pole made of fiberglass( about 15 ft). How high do you want to go and how heavy are the 2 flags?

Mark

Panchito

15 ft sounds great! I am still waiting for the smaller flag (which shouldn’t even be a pound and the 4X6 is about 3 lbs I’d say. I would like to just use yours if possible. I will lug it

Mark R.

No problem. It is light so lugging wont be an issue. I will work on a base too.

Panchito

awesome thanks so much for doing that, let me know if there is anything else we need. my phone is 603 856 1338 Looking forward to it!
                      Paul

Mark R.

We should be all set with the pole and base. I am working on getting paracord for the lines. I will be staying up in Woodsville tonight and should be at the trailhead early.
                        My cell is 508 688 0102.

Mark

Mark R.

We should be all set with the pole and base. I am working on getting paracord for the lines. I will be staying up in Woodsville tonight and should be at the trailhead early.
                          My cell is 508 688 0102.

Mark

Panchito

I will call you in the am

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • The forum ‘2010 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.