Forums 2021 Flags on the 48 2021 Trips and Routes North Kinsman

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
      #64759 |

NOTE: This summit is organized by the Scouts of Troop 13, Pepperell, MA. With this in mind we typically follow easier routes as this is often the first NH 4k summited by the youth.

We are looking at two possible options for the hike to the summit, both which provide us with an arrival prior to noon so that we can set up and fly the flag from 12-2p.
      Option 1 is to use the Mt. Kinsman trail and approach the summit from the West starting at Mt. Kinsman trailhead in Easton, NH.
      Option 2 is to use Cascade Brook/Kinsman Pond which starts at the Basin in Franconia Notch.

(Both offer easier grades than Fishin’ Jimmy trail which should make carrying equipment up a little easier – although they are a little longer)

If you have a preferred route, please feel free to use it and plan to meet us at the summit between 11 and 12 for set up and flag flying.

The Scouts also have a prepared memorial ceremony that we perform every year which takes about 15 minutes and you are welcome to join us and participate in that also.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out and I’ll do my best to answer. Once we have a final trail and start time nailed down I will let the group know

Troop13-1

As promised, here is an update with final route and planning information.

We will meet at the Mt. Kinsman trail trailhead at 7:30a with a departure no later than 8:00a. We should arrive at the summit by 11:30 which will give us time to assemble the flag, organize and conduct our memorial ceremony.

Mt. Kinsman trailhead is located at: 1671 Easton Rd, Franconia, NH 03580

If you have a preferred route from the Franconia Notch (Basin, Lafayette) feel free to use it and meet us at the summit.

I will make one more post a few days before the event if any changes occur.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.