Forums 2020 Flags on the 48 2020 Trips & Routes My. Isolation

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
      #64223 |

The plan is to meet at 10 AM on Friday at the Glen Ellis Falls parking lot where we will meet at the trail head for the Glen Boulder Trail. We will take the Glen Boulder trail to Davis path then head south to the Eastern side of the Isolation trail. There are spaces for tent sites Approximately .2 – .4 Down the trail. We will camp for the night and then set out in the morning back up to Davis path where we will travel to .9 to the Summit of Mt Isolation.
      Please be aware that the glen Boulder trail is rated as a difficult trail and will be an early workout on your legs. With that being said our group is not a fast group and will always air on the side of safety. In the event of rain the route may be changed to the Boot Spur trail which starts at the Pinkham notch visitor center. The hike on day one is between 5.2 miles and 5.5 miles depending on which trail we take. First thing in the morning on day two it is only about a mile to the summit. The hike out will be about 6 miles. Some of the group has been discussing a second overnight which may be an option.

Please pack appropriately for a hike that has plenty of exposure above tree line. Warm clothing and a good rain parka is always a good idea.

Brown Shirt will be providing the flagpole and I will be bringing a flag that has flown over the 9/11 Memorial @ NYC.

Mark R
      -Time Bandit

isolation cynthia

I plan to do the hike in one day. Other than the spring on Glen Boulder Tr, what other water sources are there? I plan to return on Glen Boulder Tr.

Mark R

Other than the spring by Glenn Boulder this is what I found for reference to water sources near Mount isolation off of the Davis path.
          “ On the Davis Path, the only water is on the East or West section of the Isolation Trail. If you follow the East Isolation Trail through the trees and down a small steep section, you will find that the trail actually follows a small stream. There is usually enough water to filter.” Hope that helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.