Forums 2006 Flags on the 48 2006 Trips & Routes Mt. Whiteface

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
      #47363 |

We are planning to meet at 0745 in the parking lot at the Ferncroft Kiosk, just northwest of Wonalancet, NH. From there we will walk northwest along the Ferncroft Road to the trail head of the Blueberry Ledge Trail and then follow that trail to the summit.
      The hike up is approximately 3.9 miles long with 2850 feet of elevation gain. We will return via the same path.

MtnMagic

Not in your group this year but I just had to say ‘hello Miles!’ Great to know you are in and look forward to the spending the weekend with you, my friend!

And to our readers, this is a spectacular hike with super views, great footing, with great people. Join in for this summit while you can!!

milesmountain

Hello MtnMagic! Yes this peak is a lot of fun and the views are wonderful! Which peak will you be hiking?

Sherpa John

Curious to know if you’ll fly your flag from the Whiteface Ledge or from the actual Summit (small cairn) .3 north?? :flag:

MtnMagic

I’ve given up Mt Cabot to the Boy Scouts et al and am hiking up Mt Liberty. See you at the KOA in Woodstock after this event. Will be there for the entire weekend. And you’ll join us?!

Sweet to all joining us. See you soon!!

milesmountain

Sherpa John,
                The current plan is to fly Old Glory from Whiteface Ledge, mainly because there is more room at that location. And the views are better! 8)

milesmountain

The KOA sounds great! When should we plan to show up?

MtnMagic

We’ll start to roll in early Friday afternoon

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘2006 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.