Forums 2022 Flags on the 48 2022 Trips & Routes Mt. Whiteface

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
      #65689 |

Welcome to the 2022 Flags on the 48 memorial event. The people on our team are responsible for getting Old Glory flying high above Mount Whiteface this year from Noon to 2 on Sunday 9/11/2022! In order to get to the summit with time to set her up, we will need to get started bright and early. I’m going to ask that we meet 15 minutes before 7 for a quick gear distribution (everyone who is able may be asked to carry a piece of the pole, I will have my Grandfather’s flag). I’d like us to be on the trail by seven so nobody feels they need to rush while we are hiking, and to allow for adequate space in case we are a larger group. Plan for a pace of 1-1.5 miles per hour, depending on which portion of trail we are on. McCrillis Trail makes its way through the Sandwich Range Wilderness to the Summit at approximately 5 miles each way. First half is quite gentle, the upper half rather steep- but not scrambles. It is a beautiful trail, I think you’ll all enjoy it!

Peak: Mt. Whiteface
      When: Sunday | 9/11/2022 | 6:45 a.m.
      Where: Flat Mountain Pond trailhead on Whiteface Intervale Rd off Rt 113a
      What to bring: 10-12 hours worth of food and water, layers for all weather.
      *Long Paracord is always welcome.
      **If you have an American flag with particular sentimental meaning to you, please feel free to bring it so we can fly that too!

Can’t wait to see you there!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.