Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
      #47956 |

Some details the trail will be using is the Avalon trail and the A Z trail the first part of the trail Avalon is moderate 1.4 miles at 2707elv the AZ trail comes in that part of trail is steep to moderate 1.0 miles and the last .6 to Mt Tom is moderate due to the fact it’s ridge. the summit is a tree top elv. 4051 ft. My team can only have no more then 10 hikes rules stated. The flag will be rolled on the top part of the flag pole, the flag and the other section will carried by the hikers and each section in rotation will be done with all hikers. We will be leaving the trail no later then 8:00am on Sunday Sept 11th the trail head is behind the small RR station in Crawford notch down the street from the AMC Highland center. I was going try and set up the camping for the 10th Sept but after checking in the local area most the camp grounds are full you could try are Zealand CG just north of the Highland center and dry River CG on RT 302 south of the trail head. Camping the night before or drive up that morning. Please let me know if your going or not soon, sorry this is not a doggie trail.

Dave Smith
      Coordinator for Flags on the 48

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • The forum ‘2011 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.