Forums 2023 Flags on the 48 2023 Trips & Routes Mt. Pierce 2023

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
      #66071 |

Hi Team!

We will be hiking Mount Pierce out and back via Crawford Path.

We will meet in the trailhead parking lot at 8am to gather our group together and split up everything that needs to be carried so we can be hiking by 8:30am. This will give us 3 hours to hike to the summit, which is a 1 mile per hour pace. We will arrive at the summit by 11:30am so we make sure that our flag is raised by 12pm. We will keep our flag raised from 12pm-2pm, at which time we will take the flag down and begin our descent.

I believe this pace should take into consideration everyone’s skill level, however if anyone feels like they may need a slower pace or they want to go faster, you are welcome to start at a time that works better for you and meet us at the summit. I am sure that we will naturally move at different paces once we get started. However, I do think it is nice for us to try to stay together and for everyone who wants to, to contribute in carrying the supplies and staying together at the summit for the 2 hours that the flag will be flown.

Because Mount Pierce is an incredibly popular mountain it is possible that the parking lot will be full by 8am, however there is plenty of nearby street parking and other options so no one should have difficulty finding a spot! Wherever you park we will all plan to meet at the trailhead at 8am!

polewog

I love the idea of a mile an hour. It takes me quite a while to get my hip and back warmed up. The last 2 years I have been the last one to the summit. I sooooo don’t want to do that again, that’s why I chose this hike and took a “training” hike to make sure it is what I remembered it to be.

polewog

I will not make it. I haven’t felt well all week, headaches, and I want to be able to sleep in and give in to my headache. I hope you all have a great hike.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.