Forums 2020 Flags on the 48 2020 Trips & Routes Mt Mount Moosilauke

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
      #64211 |

Meet at the Ravine Lodge little cutoff trail to Gorge Brook Tr to summit. Carriage Tr to Snapper tr to Gorge Brook Tr to Ravine Lodge for the return. As of right now it is looking as an 8am start. Which means meeting at the lodge by 730am to get everything squared off. Subject to change.

I will be providing the American Flag, a Rebuilding Warriors flag (it is a non profit I raise funds for) a flag pole, and the paracord needed to construct guy wires. I will need help carrying some of the items. The flagpole is one unit weighs 5-7lbs. Everyone needs to make sure they bring Lunch, snacks, plenty of water, mask, hand sanitizer, warm clothes, rain gear, hand warmers, trash bag, head lamp and any personal items they think they may need. Just a note in case you haven’t ever been up Moose it is an open summit and spending two hours up there in the wind and cold air can be a lot, so warm clothes are essential even if it is a pretty day. I also suggest a separate ziploc inside a plastic bag to use to carry out bathroom tissue.

I’m sure I missed some items.#1 priority is making sure we are safe. I’m looking forward to this hike and meeting everyone.

UpTop

UPDATE!!!!!

I’M GOING TO CHANGE THE START TIME TO 8:30AM. IF EVERYTHING GOES WELL IT WILL GIVE US A 30 MINUTE WINDOW TO RAISE THE FLAG.
        I still want to go Gorge Brook and down Carriage to Snapper but we can call an audible when we are up at the summit. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

UpTop

Team I need your input for start time we will have to hike the road which is 1.5 miles. This makes the hike around 5 miles. What is a start time at hiker parking is everyone comfortable with?

UpTop

7:15 meet at hiker parking by the gate. Hike starts 7:45.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.