Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
      #65649 |

Hello Mt. Flume Team!

My name is Jake Kubetz and I am excited to hike together and commemorate the events of 9/11 in this meaningful way.

Here is the current plan:

Where: Upper Parking Lot at Flume Visitor Center off I-93.
      When: Sunday. 9/11/22, 7:30 am
      Distance/Elevation: Flume Slide Trail 3.3 miles/2,500 ft
      Book Time: 2:55

Route: hike up Flume Slide, and down Liberty Springs. For anyone who has hiked the slide before, it is steep with a few scrambles near the top.

Other options: if the slide is wet we will plan to go up and down Liberty Springs. There is also the Osseo Trail from Lincoln Woods if anyone prefers and we can meet at the summit around 11/11:30am.

Flag: I will provide a large flag and pole. Hope to be at the summit by 11:30 and set up the flag to fly from 12 to 2. From past experience, it can be cool at the top and we will be there for a couple of hours, so I plan to bring layers and snacks.

If anyone has any tips/suggestions please feel free to email jacobkubetz@gmail.com, text 631-766-6397 or drop a note here.
      Thank you and look forward to seeing everyone,

jake

SilentCal

Hi Jake,

I am not on your team, rather I am with the Liberty team and I believe we will be using the same parking lot to gather. I am not sure what our start time is but I believe we have some slower hikers starting at 7:30 as well. Let’s hope for good weather!

jacobkubetz

Hey Cal,

Thanks for reaching out. Good to know that your group will be there too.

Maybe if we’re squared away we will have time for a big group photo.

Will be on lookout for you and look forward to connecting!

jake

joe conlon

Hi

I registered a couple of days back, my son does not use FB, he is an OEF veterain. Can he climb with us and help?

jacobkubetz

Hi Joe,

Absolutely!

Look forward to hiking with both of you,

jake

joe conlon

Hi Jake, sent a follow up, we moved over to North Kinsman as they had only a few climbers

Joe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.