Forums 2023 Flags on the 48 2023 Trips & Routes Mt Flume 2023

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
      #66061 |

Hello to the Mt. Flume team! Thanks for joining on what will be a great hike and a wonderful tribute to all those who paid the ultimate sacrifice on 9/11/2001 and beyond. My name is Phil Sheehy and this will be my 5th year coordinating for a peak. My former FOT48 peaks include Mt. Whiteface, Mt. Cannon, Mt Carrigain and Mt. Moriah.

I have a few friends joining who have done the hike with me the last few years. We will aim to get to the Liberty Springs trailhead for 7AM and begin hiking by 730 at the latest. This should give us plenty of time to make it up to the top of the 4 mi hike and get the flag set up for it to fly at noon. If you are at all worried about that timing, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me to discuss. That certainly isn’t set in stone at this point. You are welcome to join us camping or meet us at the trailhead. We can decide day-of if we would rather hike the Flume Slide Trail or the Liberty Spring Trail.

The flag pole I have is made of threaded metal plumbing pipes. I ditched the PVC after it failed to hold up to the wind on year 3. This metal pole was used on Mt. Carrigain and Mt. Moriah and was solid. It does weigh a bit more than most so if you are able to assist in carrying sections of the pole, that would be greatly appreciated. When we spread out the gear, you hardly even notice it.

Lastly, If you have any recommendations for tributes at the top, people you would like to recognize or poems, songs, etc. you would like to say, that would be great! Don’t hesitate to email me at philipsheehy217@yahoo.com or by text at 603-205-5375. This is a team event so bring forward your ideas! A group of us is eyeing camping at the Hancock Campground in Lincoln but we haven’t confirmed anything yet. PLEASE let me know if you are interested in camping with us Friday night ao that I can keep you in the loop about this. I will see you all then and hope to hear from you in the coming weeks to check in! Thanks

-Phil Sheehy

psheehy4978

Hi everyone! Just to clarify- we are meeting at the Liberty Springs Trailhead off of Rt. 3 in Lincoln by 7 to get a 7:30 start. I’ve heard from a few of you but if the others could reach out as well so that I know your plan, I’d appreciate that. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.